This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Rice krispie treat Easter eggs are a fun way to eat Rice Krispie treats at Easter! These crispy marshmallow treats are formed into an Easter egg and are so easy to make!
They make a great addition to an Easter basket. You might also like our non-candy Easter basket ideas!
Crispy Treat Easter Eggs
Everyone loves Rice Crispy treats and by making them Easter egg shapes, they’re perfect for Easter treats. Instead of making flat, square crispy treats, it’s a lot more fun to make them into a shape.
These are simple to make and the only “special tool” you need are plastic Easter eggs!
If you love making Easter eggs like we do, check out our tutorial on how to marbleize Easter eggs.
- marshmallows – use mini-marshmallows
- crispy rice cereal
- food coloring
- plastic Easter eggs
Melt 1-1/2 tablespoons of butter with 1-1/4 cups of mini-marshmallows in microwave for 45 seconds. When melted, stir until completely combined then add 3 drops of desired gel food coloring.
Next, add 1-1/2 cups of crispy rice cereal to the melted marshmallows and stir until the rice cereal is coated.
Spray plastic Easter eggs with non-stick spray and tightly pack with the coated rice cereal mixture. Close the plastic egg and let sit for 10 minutes.
Remove the plastic eggs and set out the finished crispy eggs.
Repeat the steps with all of the remaining colors.
- Melted chocolate – leave the crispy eggs uncolored, then dip in colored candy melts to half the egg is covered in chocolate. (Similar to what we did here.)
- Sprinkles – add sprinkles before the eggs “dry.” Roll them in sprinkles and tap the sprinkles against the sides of the eggs so they stick.
- Hand form – if you don’t have any plastic Easter eggs, you can form an egg shape with your hands. Spray cooking spray or spread vegetable shortening on your hands first to prevent the marshmallow mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Gel food coloring – for the deepest colors, use a gel food coloring.
Want More Easter Desserts?
- Easter Resurrection Cookies
- Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter eggs
- Peeps S’mores Dip
- Homemade Marshmallow Peeps
- Easter Cupcakes
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 5 cups marshmallows divided
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal divided
- gel food coloring neon pink, neon green, purple, and yellow
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter with 1 1/4 cups of marshmallow in microwave for 45 seconds. When melted, stir until completely combined. Add 3 drops of desired gel coloring.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Rice Krispie cereal to marshmallow cream. Stir until rice cereal is coated.
- Spray plastic Easter eggs with oil and pack with coated rice cereal mixture tightly. Close the plastic egg and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each desired color.