This white chocolate rocky road is a delicious addition to your holiday celebrations. It’s a decadent chocolate candy treat that’s creamy, sweet, and perfect for the festive season.
If you’re a fan of rocky road desserts, you’ll love this festive Christmas twist on a rocky road fudge. It has the classic chocolate, marshmallow, and nut combination, except with peppermint flavored white chocolate in place of the dark chocolate, and macadamia nuts in place of the walnuts. Add some holiday M&Ms and festive Christmas sprinkles and you’ve got the recipe for a holiday treat that looks as good as it tastes.
Impress your holiday party guests with this delicious and creamy white chocolate rocky road recipe. You can also serve it at any holiday dinner or make a double batch and give it to friends and neighbors as a delicious gift. But don’t forget to save some for yourself – you won’t want to miss out on enjoying this indulgent holiday treat!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- With its festive red and green colors, this rich and delicious Christmas treat is the perfect candy for the holidays.
- This easy recipe makes a great party treat or special dessert, but is also great to give as Christmas gifts.
- You can prepare this simple no bake dessert in less than 30 minutes.
- This simple rocky road recipe is so rich and full of flavor. It’s the perfect sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- White almond bark
- Corn syrup
- Peppermint extract (optional. Replace with vanilla if you don’t like peppermint.)
- Mini marshmallows
- Holiday M&Ms
- Macadamia nuts
- Holiday sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Rocky Road Candy
Step One: Prepare the Almond Bark
- Place the butter, almond bark, and corn syrup in a medium pot and heat over low medium heat, stirring constantly until everything is melted. You can also use a double boiler for this step.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the peppermint extract (or vanilla, if you don’t like peppermint). Stir and let the melted chocolate mixture sit at room temperature to cool slightly.
Step Two: Add the Mix-ins
- Combine the marshmallows, M&Ms, and macadamia nuts in a large bowl.
- Gently stir the melted almond bark into the candy and nut mixture.
Step Three: Pour and Set
- Pour the mix into a greased lined 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 square baking dish.
- Transfer the candy to the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours, or until set.
- Place on a cutting board and slice into small pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Suggestions
- You can use either salted or unsalted butter in this recipe. If using unsalted butter, you can add a little bit of salt to the melted almond bark before pouring it into the pan.
- Make sure to let the almond bark mixture cool a bit before combining it with the candy, so that you don’t melt the marshmallows.
- You can use any variety of nut you prefer in place of the macadamia nuts. Almonds, peanuts, or walnuts will all work.
- You can use any favorite holiday colored candy instead of M&Ms. You can also add some candy cane pieces, dried cranberries, or other dried fruit.
- Switch out the colors of the M&Ms for other holidays and enjoy this treat any time of the year.
- You can use a good quality chocolate in place of the almond bark. Either white, dark, or milk chocolate would work.
- Feel free to use the large marshmallows if you don’t have mini marshmallows. If using the larger marshmallows, you can use scissors to cut them in fourths to get the pieces just the right size.
How Do I Store Christmas Rocky Road Candy?
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes! Place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and you can freeze this candy for up to 2 months. You’ll just need to thaw it before slicing.
What Size Should I Cut the Fudge Pieces?
These treats are very rich and sweet so a little goes a long way. I like to cut them into 1-inch square pieces.
More Christmas Candy Recipes
- Chocolate Caramel Truffles
- Polar Bear Paws Candy
- Crockpot Christmas Candy
- Copycat 3 Musketeers Candy
White Chocolate Rocky Fudge
- 1 pound white almond bark
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract can replace with vanilla
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup holiday M&Ms
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- holiday sprinkles
- In a medium pot over medium low heat add your butter, almond bark and corn syrup.
- Stir constantly until everything is melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the peppermint extract and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine the marshmallows, M&Ms and macadamia nuts and combine.
- Gently stir in the almond bark mixture.
- Pour the mix into a greased or lined 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
- Sprinkle a few holiday sprinkles over the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours until set.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.