This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Air fried Oreos are an easy take on the classic fried Oreos you find at the fair! Oreos are dipped in a sweet batter then air fried and dusted with powdered sugar.
Air Fried Oreos
State fairs and local fairs have become known for more than elephant ears, funnel cake, and extra large corn dogs. These days you can get fried pickles, fried Snickers bars … all kinds of deep fried foods. Typically the food is dipped in a batter and deep fried in hot oil.
A few years ago my family and I discovered the magic of deep fried Oreos at our state fair. We ordered one batch of 5 fried cookies. There are four of us in the family so one person got to have two. Only one person. We all wanted that last fried Oreo, it was so good.
Now we can easily make air fryer Oreos them at home with this easy recipe. The air fryer makes it super easy and efficient to get the perfect fair-like food!
And if you love Oreos like we do, you’re going to want to try our Oreo poke cake.
- 15 Oreo cookies – use regular oreos or double stuff
- 8 canned biscuits
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- olive oil or cooking spray
How to Make Air Fried Oreos
1. Flatten biscuit dough and cut in half.
2. Quickly dip Oreo cookie in milk.
3. Wrap Oreo cookie in halved biscuit dough completely covering cookie. Form dough ball in palm.
4. Brush inside of air fryer with olive oil with a pastry brush. Place cookie balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket leaving room to expand. Brush cookies with oil or spray with cooking spray.
5. Cook at 370 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden brown .
6. Dust fried Oreos with powdered sugar and serve.
Store in an airtight container.
You may need to do these in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Crescent Rolls – you can wrap the cookie in a refrigerator crescent rolls for a flakier crust. Try the crescent roll sheets and cut them to size.
- Pancake Mix – this is a little messy, but you can dip your cookie in pancake mix and fry them
- Double Stuff Oreos – try the double stuff Oreos for more of the creamy filling inside the fried Oreos.
- Mint Oreos – The minty Oreos add a great flavor to this fair food and would especially be fun around the holidays.
- Golden Oreos – if you’re not a big chocolate fan, you can try this with the Golden Oreos
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce – when we had our fried Oreos from the fair they were dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with chocolate sauce
- Reese’s peanut butter cup – replace the Oreo all together and try this with a Reese’s!
This easy dessert is a real treat that everyone loves. I love that you can make just a few or do a large batch for a crowd. It’s such a simple dessert that makes a really delicious sweet treat. This is a dessert that you can easily whip up for a weeknight dessert because it takes no time at all.
If you want to put this dessert over the top, serve it with a side of ice cream.
I love that this dessert option isn’t too complicated and if you have a sweet tooth one night, you can make just one of these sweet treats and be satisfied. Air fryer fried Oreos may become your new family favorite. It’s certainly an indulgent treat, but don’t we all deserve one every now and then?
Want More Fun Desserts?
- 15 Oreo cookies regular or double stuffed
- 8 canned biscuits
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Flatten biscuit dough and cut in half.
- Dip Oreo cookie in milk to coat.
- Wrap Oreo cookie in halved biscuit dough completely covering cookie. Form dough ball in palm.
- Coat air fryer basket with vegetable oil. Place cookie balls in air fryer basket leaving room to expand. Spray cookies with oil.
- Cook at 370 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Dust fried Oreos with powdered sugar and serve.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.