This turtle fudge is so rich and delicious that you won’t believe how easy it is to make. Layers of creamy chocolate fudge and crunchy pecans surround a gooey caramel layer, giving these delicious treats the taste of Turtles candies in fudge form. It’s simultaneously sweet, creamy, and nutty, with a little crunch from the pecans and a sprinkle of coarse salt on top to bring out the decadent chocolate and caramel flavors.
Homemade fudge is a classic holiday dessert, and this turtle version is one of our favorite fudge recipes ever. It has so much great flavor and texture, and it even looks pretty and festive. Your holiday party guests of all ages will go nuts for this satisfying sweet treat that tastes better than anything you can buy.
It also makes a perfect gift that’s a fun alternative to the usual Christmas cookies. But the best part about this treat is how easy it is to make. With just a few simple ingredients, this easy turtle fudge recipe gives you fabulous homemade candy with a rich chocolate caramel taste that’s sure to be a hit this holiday season.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Fudge is a traditional holiday treat that will be a huge hit at any party.
- This pecan turtle fudge recipe is easy to make, yet it tastes like it came from a gourmet candy shop!
- Use it to make beautiful and delicious homemade gifts for a holiday or special occasion.
- These rich and decadent tasty treats will satisfy any sweet tooth in a hurry.
- The ingredients are inexpensive and a little goes a long way, so it’s a great budget-friendly recipe
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Marshmallow cream
- Vanilla extract
- Toasted pecans, chopped
- Soft caramels, unwrapped
- Heavy cream
- Sea salt flakes (optional)
How to Make Turtle Fudge
Step One: Make the Chocolate Layer
- Spray a 9×9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Once the mixture is melted and smooth, stir in the marshmallow cream.
- Place half of the fudge mixture in the bottom of the pan, spreading it to cover the entire area. Sprinkle half the chopped pecans over top and gently press them into the chocolate.
Step Two: Add the Caramel and Top Chocolate Layer
- Melt the caramels and heavy cream together in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until it’s melted and smooth.
- Spoon half of the caramel mixture evenly over the pecans. Then, top the layer of caramel with the remaining chocolate and the rest of the chopped pecans.
- Drizzle the rest of the caramel over the top of the fudge. If the caramel isn’t soft enough, place it back in the microwave and reheat for 10 seconds.
- Finish with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top of the caramel, if desired.
- Cool completely, then cut into 25 pieces.
Tips and Suggestions
- Be sure to melt the chocolate slowly and watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Instead of repeating the layers of chocolate, nuts, and caramel, you can just add all the chocolate first, sprinkle with pecans, and then drizzle with the caramel.
- Try using a pizza cutter for an easy way to slice your fudge into perfect squares.
- Try peanuts, almonds, or even chopped macadamia nuts in place of the pecans.
- Make the chocolate layers with different types of chocolate. White or milk chocolate will work in place of semi-sweet chocolate.
- Add some shredded coconut flakes and some coconut extract along with the pecans for a little bit of tropical flavor.
How Do I Store Turtle Fudge?
You can store this fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Can I Freeze Turtle Fudge?
Yes, this fudge will freeze well for up to 3 months. Be sure to place it in an airtight container or a zip top bag.
More Amazing Fudge Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Christmas Fudge
- Andes Mint Fudge
- White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge
- 15 Fudge Recipes
- Fireball Fudge (chocolate + cinnamon)
- Red Velvet Fudge
- Colorful Halloween Fudge
- Candy Corn Fudge
- Layered Candy Corn Fudge
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3.5 ounce marshmallow cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toasted pecans chopped
- 30 soft caramels unwrapped (Kraft)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Sea salt flakes optional
- Spray a 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk over medium low heat. Once melted and smooth, stir in the marshmallow cream.
- Spread half of the chocolate over the bottom of the pan. Then press half the pecans over the chocolate.
- Melt the caramels and heavy cream together in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- Spoon half of the caramel over the pecans.
- Top with remaining chocolate and pecans. Then drizzle with the remaining caramel. If the caramel isn’t soft enough, reheat for 10 seconds.
- Sprinkle with flakey sea salt if desired.
- Cool completely, then cut into 25 pieces.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!