This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These simple Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies are peanut butter cookies baked in mini-muffin tins with a peanut butter cup pushed into the center right as they come out of the oven. This is an easy to make cookie everyone will love.
If you like Reese’s peanut butter cups, you’ll love our easy, no bake peanut butter balls! They taste like a round Reese’s cup.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
The first time I had these, a friend brought them into work to share with the team. I immediately went home and baked it for my family, it is a great recipe to make with kids, although you can hardly call it a recipe since all you really have to do is mix.
These cookies are great for any occasion or last minute dessert need, and also make a perfect idea for a Christmas cookie exchange!
- Peanut butter cookie dough – Pre-packaged or a bag of peanut butter dough
- Vegetable oil, water, egg – use these with the peanut butter cookie mix
- Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups
A note on the peanut butter cookie dough: I like to use the Betty Crocker bag of peanut butter cookie mix. I always have some in my pantry because it’s an inexpensive, and quick way to have delicious peanut butter cookies. You can find this at most grocery stores, Target, and even on Amazon.
Be aware that during the holidays this can be hard to find (which is why I stock up). You might even consider buying a few bags and keeping them in your freezer.
Another alternative, is to by the slice and bake peanut butter cookie dough in the refrigerator aisle. Again, this can be hard to find at certain times of the year. It’s a great option for this recipe because the dough is already chilled, and there’s no mixing involved!
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Unwrap 24 mini-Reese’s peanut butter cups. Set aside in a cool, dry place. You can keep them in the refrigerator if you live in a hot or humid location.
Start by making the peanut butter cookie dough. You can use prepackaged, refrigerator dough, a bag mix, or your own recipe. Follow the instructions on the package and make the dough.
Chill the dough for a few minutes until you can form one-inch round balls. Place peanut butter balls in a greased mini-muffin tin.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
Immediately upon removal from the oven, put one unwrapped peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie.
Want More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes?
- No bake peanut butter bars
- Peanut butter spider cookies
- No bake peanut butter balls
- Peanut butter blossom cookies
- 1 peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 24 Reese's peanut butter cups mini
- Unwrap 24 mini-Reese's peanut butter cups. Set aside.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine peanut butter mix, vegetable oil, water, and egg. Stir to combine. Will be thick.
- Chill dough for 5-10 minutes.
- Spray a mini-muffin pan. Form 1-inch balls of the peanut butter dough and place one ball in each muffin slot.
- Bake 375 for 10 minutes.
- Immediately upon removing cookies from the oven, push one Reese's cup into the top of the cookie. Let cool.