These Halloween ghost cupcakes are such an easy way to start celebrating Halloween. They are all cute and no scary way to celebrate the Halloween holiday with your kids.
These cute ghost Halloween cupcakes are great for a Halloween party, or special treat. I love the Halloween season – it’s not all tricks. We love working on homemade costumes, eating candy corn from a special ceramic jar on the kitchen counter, sipping cider, and of course eating special Halloween treats.
Halloween is a busy time of year trying to get costumes, do fall activities, school parties, corn mazes, and all things fall so we’ve made this recipe super easy! You’re kids will love these ghost Halloween cupcakes. You might also love our super easy Halloween bundt cake. This cake is so colorful and couldn’t be easier to make.
Halloween Ghost Cupcake Ingredients
The ingredient list is super simple. You can get most of these items in the fall at your grocery store or craft store. But, you can also always get them on Amazon!
- Cake mix (or your favorite homemade recipe)
- Icing (or your favorite buttercream recipe)
- Wilton ghost cupcake toppers
- Gel food colors (We used Wilton’s) It’s important to use gel coloring. The liquid-based colors just don’t turn out as vibrant.
- Cupcake liners
How to Make Ghost Halloween Cupcakes
It’s not very hard to make these ghost cupcakes and doesn’t even take very long since we’re using the semi-homemade approach! (A busy mom’s friend!)
They’re so adorable.
I used white liners so when baked, the orange cupcake could show through.
And, I love the purple icing. Of course, you could go darker and use black, but I think the purple is a fun alternative color for Halloween. It makes is less of a dark holiday and more fun.
More Halloween Recipes
- Candy corn cookies
- Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
- Halloween witch hat cupcakes
- Halloween bundt cake with orange and purple swirls
- Candy apples
- Monster donuts
- Your favorite vanilla cake mix or homemade recipe
- Your favorite vanilla icing or buttercream recipe
- Gel food coloring we use Wilton
- Wilton Candy Corn Ghosts
- Using a large bowl mix up your favorite cake mix according to directions.
- When fully mixed, add three "drops" of orange food coloring. Add more coloring if you desire a deeper/stronger color. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool.
- Mix vanilla icing with purple gel color to reach desired shade of purple.
- Ice cupcakes using offset spatula.
- Place ghost and candy corn decoration on top of each cupcake.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.