We’ve perfected the Starbuck’s famous Pink drink with our Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink recipe. You’ll get the same vibrant pink color and delicious flavors as the Starbucks original while sparing your wallet from coffee shop prices. We figured out how to make it with just three simple ingredients so you can mix up this refreshing drink anytime the craving hits.
Table of Contents
Homemade Starbucks Pink Drink
If you’ve never tried the dreamy pink drink from Starbucks, you are missing out. The Starbucks website describes their actual drink as a “crisp Strawberry Açaí Refreshers® beverage — with accents of passion fruit and combined with creamy coconut milk.” While no one knows the exact recipe they use, this copycat recipe comes so close that it’s hard to tell the difference. The best part is that making your own pink drink at home is so much cheaper than the store-bought version, and it tastes even better.
There are several versions of this magical concoction out there, most including packets of instant refreshers or made using hibiscus tea bags. But with this recipe, we keep things super simple with ingredients you can find at any local grocery store. The result is a cool, refreshing, and flavorful drink you can make in minutes; no trip to Starbucks is required.
Looking for other Starbucks copycat recipes? Make sure to check out this simple recipe for Copycat Caramel Frappuccino.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy recipe – There’s nothing complicated about making this copycat version at home. Just mix 3 simple ingredients, pour over ice, and enjoy.
- Delicious drink – This drink is cool and creamy with a refreshing fruity flavor, perfect for a hot summer day or just anytime you want a special treat.
- Versatile – By making your own version, you can control how sweet it is, swap up the ingredients, or double the recipe to make more.
- Sweetened coconut milk – you can also use unsweetened coconut milk, but you want to add a little bit of simple syrup to give it some sweetness.
- White cranberry strawberry juice blend – the main ingredient that gives it the tangy and sweet strawberry flavor.
- Freeze-dried strawberries – dehydrated strawberries give your drink an added burst of concentrated strawberry flavor.
How to Make Starbucks Homemade Pink Drink
Step One: Add Ice and Dried Strawberries
- To your cup, add ice and some freeze-dried strawberries. You can add as much ice and as many strawberries as you like.
Step Two: Add the Fruit Juice
- Fill your cup halfway with the white cranberry strawberry juice.
Step Three: Add the Coconut Milk
- Fill the cup the rest of the way with the sweetened, creamy coconut milk.
Step Four: Stir and Serve
- Give everything a stir or a shake in a cocktail shaker, and serve.
Pink Drink Variations and Add-ins
- Milk options – We used sweetened, full-fat coconut milk, but you can make a slightly lighter version with light coconut milk, oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, or regular milk.
- Strawberries – If you can’t find freeze-dried strawberries, you can use frozen or fresh strawberries. You can also add strawberry puree for a more intense strawberry flavor.
- Fruit juice – white grape juice.
- Added sweetener – If you prefer a sweeter drink, you can add a little honey, agave nectar, or simple syrup.
- Acai powder – Instead of or even in addition to the freeze-dried strawberries, you can add a little acai powder to give it additional flavor.
- Teas – Feel free to use a little acai berry tea or Tazo iced passion tea concentrate. You could also add some herbal tea or berry tea made with rose hips, hibiscus, or orange peel.
- Pink drink popsicles – Beat the summer heat by freezing the pink drink mixture in popsicle molds.
How Long Does Pink Drink Stay Fresh?
The drink can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. However, for the best taste and texture, it is recommended to add the freeze-dried strawberries just before serving to maintain their crispiness.
What Does a Pink Drink Taste Like?
Starbucks’ pink drink has a subtle acai flavor from the refresher. This version has a slightly tropical flavor from the combination of coconut milk and strawberries.
Do Pink Drinks Have Caffeine?
The Starbucks version and the premade ones in the store do. They are made with a Strawberry Acai Refresher base, which contains caffeinated green coffee extract. This homemade version tastes just as good without the strawberry acai base and the added caffeine.
Can I Make This Recipe in a Batch?
Absolutely! It’s the favorite drink for parties, wedding showers, and holiday parties. To make a batch of this drink, simply multiply the quantities of the three main ingredients, but wait to add the strawberries right before serving. Store it in the fridge up to overnight in an airtight container. Give it a good stir before pouring over ice.
More Yummy Drink Recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake
- Orange Sherbet Punch with Sprite
- Cool Whip Berry Smoothie
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Frosted Sunrise
- Fruity Pebbles Milkshake
- Kool-aid Slushies
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Frozen Lemonade
- Shamrock Shake
- Whipped Strawberry Milk
Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink
- freeze dried strawberries
- 1 part sweetened coconut milk
- 1 part white cranberry strawberry juice
- To your cup add ice and some freeze dried strawberries, as much ice and as many strawberries as you like.ice, freeze dried strawberries
- Fill your cup half way with the white cranberry strawberry juice.1 part white cranberry strawberry juice
- Fill the cup the rest of the way with the sweetened coconut milk.1 part sweetened coconut milk
- Give everything a stir and serve.
- You can make as much or as little of this as needed, the recipe is just half coconut milk and half juice.
- Sweetened vanilla coconut milk is perfect for this recipe.
- You can also use fresh strawberries if you prefer.
- You can change the ratio if you prefer more juice or coconut milk.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.