This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Turn ordinary cupcakes into cute Thanksgiving turkey cupcakes with simple ingredients. It’s a perfect activity for the kids!
Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes
Everyone loves cupcakes, and these are perfect for Thanksgiving. They’d be great as a kid’s activity while the grownups are making dinner.
Bake the cupcakes ahead of time and even put the top layer of frosting on, then let the kids decorate and turn them into turkeys!
- Pre-made cupcakes
- Chocolate frosting
- Hershey kisses
- Reese’s pieces
- Candy eyes
- White melting chocolate
- Orange food coloring
- Add a flat layer of chocolate frosting to each pre-made cupcake.
- Melt the white melting chocolate according to package directions. Add a drop or two of orange food coloring and stir. If the chocolate seizes up, add a couple drops of avocado (or neutral flavored) oil and stir until you get a smooth consistency. Dip the point of each hershey kiss into the orange chocolate and set aside.
- Add three rows of Reese’s pieces to create the turkey feathers. Start by choosing 8 pieces of one color to line the outside of the cupcake. Push each piece of candy into the frosting, but tilt them slightly upward and create an arch along the outside of the cupcake. Add 7 pieces just below that row to create a second row of feathers. Next, add 5 pieces beneath that row for the center row that will frame the “head” of the turkey.
- Place a prepared hershey kiss with beak added in the center of each cupcake.
- Spread a dab of chocolate frosting on the back of the candy eyes and place two of them on each hershey kiss to complete the cupcake.
These little turkeys are super cute. They’d make a great treat for a class party at Thanksgiving.
Want More Thanksgiving Desserts?
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!