For the third year I’m participating in the Great American Food Blogger Cookie Swap. We’re a bunch of food bloggers who do a cookie swap through the mail. We each make a big batch of cookies and send one dozen to 3 different bloggers. It’s a great way to meet new bloggers, test new recipes, and to get a sweet treat in the mail. BUT, the bigger part is that it’s a fundraiser for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a non-profit that raises monty for “research to develop new, improved treatments for pediatric cancer, the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.” Thousands of dollars are raised from this cookie swap to help children with cancer. That feels better than these cookies taste.
The recipes are supposed to be new to us so I made a recipe based on my favorite chocolate chip cookie. Instead of milk chocolate chips, I used white chocolate chips. Then I added dried fruit (cranberries, cherries), and the decadent macadamia nuts. These cookies are chewy and full of flavor.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening I used Crisco
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried fruit like cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large mixing bowl, cream together shortening, white and brown sugars
- Add eggs, one at a time
- Add vanilla
- In separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt
- One cup at a time, pour flour mixture into wet sugar mixture until combined
- Add chocolate chips, dried fruit, and nuts. Hand mix with wooden spoon
- Place rounded spoonfuls of the cookie dough on greased cookie sheet (about 9 cookies per baking sheet)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden brown
- Let cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to cooling rack until completely cool
I got these s’more cookies from Carolann at The Apron Warrior. They had a graham cracker surprise on the inside.
Then we got these amazing ginger cookies covered in white chocolate and sprinkles from Aimee Berrett & Ellen Garrett of Like Mother Like Daughter. My family loved these.
And, I can’t forget these mint chocolate goodies from Lynn at Turnips 2 Tangerines!
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!