This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These cute and festive Valentine Krispie pops are the perfect treat to make for Valentine’s Day. You’ll love the heart-shaped Rice Krispie treats that have the classic gooey marshmallow and crispy cereal taste, along with a fun Valentine’s Day makeover. They’re placed on sticks, dipped in white or dark chocolate, and decorated with pink, red, and white sprinkles, making them even more irresistible than the original variety.
Even if you don’t normally celebrate Valentine’s Day, these pretty and delicious Valentine Krispie pops may change your mind. They’re perfect to make for a children’s party or classroom event, and the kids will have a great time helping with the decorating too. You can dip the entire treat or just half, drizzle the chocolate on top, or have fun creating different color schemes. The possibilities are endless.
This is also a great inexpensive treat to feed a large group or give away as gifts, and everyone loves Rice Krispie treats, so they’re sure to be a hit. No matter when you take these delicious pops, we think they’ll be your new favorite Valentine’s Day tradition.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- These heart shaped treats are so cute and festive, they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day parties and classroom events.
- These are easy to make and popular with children, so this recipe is a great one to get the kids involved to help with the decorating.
- Rice Krispie treats are a great inexpensive dessert that lets you feed a crowd without spending a ton of money.
For the Rice Krispie treats:
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Mini marshmallows
- Vanilla extract
For the topping:
- White chocolate
- Pink candy melts
- Dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil (optional)
- Pink or red food coloring
- Sprinkles for garnish
🥄 How to Make Valentine Krispie Pops
Step One: Make the Marshmallow Mixture
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined, then remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir until they are evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture.
Step Two: Form and Cut into Heart Shapes
- Place parchment paper in a rectangular pan. Pour the Rice Krispie mixture into the pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly throughout the pan until it’s about 1 inch thick.
- Grease your heart cookie cutters and cut out the first round of hearts. Reshape the remaining mixture into a square or rectangle and continue cutting hearts until you have used up all the mixture.
- Place a stick into the bottom of each heart and let the hearts harden for about 20 minutes.
Step Three: Dip and Decorate
- Place the white chocolate in a small heat safe bowl, the dark chocolate in another bowl, and the candy melts to a third bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the white and dark chocolate. Melt one bowl at a time, microwaving for 30-second intervals and stirring in between each interval until fully melted.
- Dip the top or side of a heart into the melted chocolate.
- Place the hearts on parchment paper and add the sprinkles. Let the hearts set completely before serving.
Tips and Suggestions
- You can use a spoon to spread chocolate on the top of the hearts and make sure they are evenly coated.
- Instead of dipping the hearts in chocolate, you can cut the corner off a Ziploc bag and use it as a piping bag to drizzle the chocolate in thin lines.
- If you don’t want to dilute your chocolate, you can skip the coconut oil. Just be careful not to overheat the chocolate and stir it well in between each heating interval.
- Use a variety of pastel colors for the candy melts and coat each treat in a different color so that they look like conversation hearts. You can even use white or dark chocolate to write a cute message on each heart.
- Replace the sprinkles with sanding sugar, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut.
- If you don’t have popsicle or lollipop sticks, you can omit them and just make regular heart-shaped Rice Krispie treats.
How Do I Store Valentine Krispie Pops?
Store any leftover treats in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll keep for up to a week.
Can I Freeze Valentine Krispie Pops?
Yes – you can freeze them for up to 6 months. For best results, wrap each treat individually in plastic wrap or wax paper and then place the treats in a Ziploc or freezer bag
❤️ More Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Heart-Shaped Oreo Bark
- Conversation Hearts Cupcakes
- Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow Pops
Heart shaped Valentine’s Rice Krispies
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows 13.5 ounce package
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil optional
- pink or red food coloring
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until completely melted and smooth. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Removed from heat.
- Add in the Rice Krispies and stir until they are all covered in the marshmallow mixture.
- Place parchment paper in a rectangular mold, and add in the rice krispie mixture. With a spatula, spread evenly throughout the mold until it's about 1 inch thick.
- Grease your heart molds and cut out the first round of hearts. With the rest of the mixture, reshape a square or rectangle, and repeat until you have cut out all the hearts.
- Let the hearts harden for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate by adding the white chocolate into a small heat safe bowl, the dark chocolate to another and the candy melts to another bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the white and dark chocolate. Melt one bowl at a time in the microwave for 30-second intervals until fully melted.
- Take a heart and dip the side or the top into the melted chocolate. If you like you can use a spoon to spread chocolate on the top of the hearts. Another option is to use a ziptop bag as a piping bag with a tiny hole cut in one edge to create thin lines. Place the hearts on parchment paper and add the sprinkles. Let the hearts set completely before serving.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.