This delicious Snickers Salad is a sweet and tart dessert salad that will be a huge hit at your next potluck or family gathering. Tart green apples and sweet Snickers bars are mixed into a creamy pudding and whipped topping base to create a fluffy and decadent dessert that’ll have all the kids begging for seconds (and the adults too)!
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
My family always looks forward to me making dessert salads, like this Easy Ambrosia Salad, this Blueberry Fluff Salad or this decadent Banana Split Salad. It may be because the word “salad” is in the name, but who are we kidding? We all know they really taste a whole lot more like a dessert, right?
But I have to be honest, this easy snicker bar salad is at the very top of the list of our favorites. Combining candy bars with crisp tart apples, whipped cream and pudding is nothing short of brilliant! Once you take the very first bite, it’s going to easily be one of your favorite fruit salads too!
One of the great things about this recipe is, apples are available all year round, making it an ideal cool and crisp summer treat or a sweet side dish for Christmas, Thanksgiving or any holiday or special occasion.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Super quick and easy recipe that requires only a handful of ingredients and very minimal prep work.
- This candy bar salad is a simple and fun twist on traditional dessert salad recipes that everyone will rave over.
- It has the most amazing combination of textures from crunchy apples and chewy candy bars with the creamy pudding base.
- Sharp knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Mixing spoon
- Serving bowl or trifle dish
- Apple slicer (optional)
Ingredients in Snickers Apple Salad
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Whole milk
- Whipped cream thawed (like Cool Whip)
- Granny Smith apples
- Snickers candy bars, full size
- Caramel sauce
How to Make Caramel Apple Snickers Salad
Step One: Prepare the Pudding Base
In a large bowl, whisk together the instant pudding and milk until smooth. Chill for 5 minutes to set.
Gently fold in the whipped topping until just combined.
Step Two: Prepare the Other Ingredients
Core and dice the fresh apples, reserve one apple for garnish.
Chop Snickers bars into bite-size pieces. Reserve one candy bar for garnish.
Step Three: Making the Salad
Add apples and Snicker’s pieces to the pudding mixture and fold until apples and Snickers are covered. Cover with plastic wrap or in an airtight container and chill until ready to serve.
Step Four: Garnish
For a pretty presentation, just before serving, top with remaining apple and Snickers and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Can I Make this Recipe in Advance?
This salad is best served on the day it is made. But if you’re needing to make it a day in advance, toss the apple pieces in lemon juice and pat dry then continue with directions. Save the last apple to cut just before serving.
Snicker Apple Salad Variations and Add-ins
- Candy bars: You can change out or even add to the Snickers bars with chopped up Health Bars or toffee bits. You can really use just about any of your favorite cady bars
- Chocolate chips: For even more chocolatey goodness, throw in about 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Grapes: Yes, I know this is a caramel apple salad. But grapes work amazingly well with all other flavors.
- Marshmallows: Mini marshmallows add a whole other level of texture to this recipe. You can use mini white marshmallows or the colored ones.
- Pudding: You can use white chocolate instant pudding or even butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla pudding.
- Chopped nuts: Add a little more crunch with chopped pecans or walnuts. You can also add more peanuts since that’s what’s already in the candy bars.
- Cream cheese: Add 4 ounces of cream cheese for a more of cheesecake flavor and texture. Make sure it is room temperature before mixing it in with the pudding so it will be smooth and creamy.
What are the Best Apples for Snickers Salad?
You can really use just about any apple you prefer in this fruit salad. We love how tart Granny Smith Apples help balance out the sweetness in the candy and pudding. But, other great choices of Gala, Pink Lady, Golden Delicious, Fuji or Red Delicious apples.
Want More Cool and Refreshing Dessert Recipes?
- 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed (like Cool Whip)
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 Snickers bars full size
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding and milk until smooth. Chill for 5 minutes to set.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until just combined.
- Core and dice the apples, reserve one apple for garnish.
- Chop Snickers bars into bite-sized pieces. Reserve one candy bar for garnish.
- Add apples and Snicker’s pieces to the pudding mixture and fold until apples and Snickers are covered. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with remaining apple and Snickers and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!