These Mint Oreo balls are a delicious truffle-like treat that’s perfect for celebrating St. Patty’s Day. Creamy chocolate and cool mint are a match made in heaven, and this easy recipe combines these flavors to create an irresistible bite-size dessert in the perfect festive shade of green.
Cream cheese and crushed mint sandwich cookies create the filling for these tasty Oreo balls, giving them a rich and creamy texture and a delicious minty flavor that’s reminiscent of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies. Next, the balls are covered in a creamy candy coating in shades of green and white and topped with fun and festive St. Patty’s Day Sprinkles.
With just five ingredients and no baking required, these sweet bites couldn’t be easier to make, and their pretty and festive appearance is sure to impress. Whether you bring them to your next St. Patrick’s Day party, surprise your family with a fun dessert, or keep them all for yourself, they’ll become one of your new favorite treats!
You’ll also love our St. Patrick’s Day cake pops!
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- With their vibrant green color and festive sprinkles, this is a perfect addition to your St. Patrick’s Day party.
- These Oreo balls are so easy to make – there are just a few simple ingredients and no baking required.
- The white chocolate and mint flavor combination is a perfect match and always a crowd pleaser.
- These bite-size treats are perfect when you want a little something sweet but don’t feel like having a huge dessert.
- Mint Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Green candy melts
- White candy melts
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles
🥄 How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Oreo Balls
Step One: Make Oreo Cheesecake Mixture
- Crush the Oreo cookies. (You can do this by hand or you can place them in your food processor and pulse them into crumbs.)
- Using a food processor, mix together the cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well combined.
Step Two: Form Balls
- Roll the Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once all of the mixture has been rolled, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
Step Two: Melt Chocolate and Decorate
- Melt the candy melts in separate bowls, according to package directions.
- Once the Oreo balls have chilled, dip each one into the melted candy and add sprinkles or a drizzle of melted candy in the opposite color.
- Allow the candy coating to set completely before serving.
Tips and Suggestions
- When dipping the Oreo balls, try to work quickly. Otherwise the candy will start to set and become difficult to work with. If it does harden too much, you can place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- For dipping, you can use a plastic fork, then drop the balls into the melted candy and scoop them out, letting the excess candy fall off. You can also use a chocolate dipping tool for this step.
- Don’t select a low fat cream cheese for this recipe. It won’t give you the same flavor or creamy texture.
- If you don’t have green candy melts, you can add some green food coloring to the white candy melts. You can also use white chocolate chips in place of the candy melts.
- Use regular or golden Oreos in place of the mint Oreo cookies.
- Drizzle some melted dark chocolate on top of either the white or green Oreo balls. You can also top the balls with chopped nuts.
How Do I Store St. Patrick’s Day Oreo Balls?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. When serving, you can let them sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Can I Freeze St. Patrick’s Day Oreo Balls?
They can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve them, you’ll want to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight.
More Mint Desserts
St. Patrick’s Day Oreo Balls
- 36 Mint Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 block
- 12 ounces green candy melts
- 12 ounces white candy melts
- St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkles
- Crush the oreo cookies either by hand, by adding to a gallon ziploc bag and crushing with a rolling pin or something similar, or by adding them to your food processor, and pulsing to crumbs.
- Either in the food processor, or in a large mixing bowl, mix together Oreo crumbs and cream cheese, until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and roll the oreo mixture into 1 inch balls. Place the balls onto your parchment paper.
- Once all of the mixture is rolled, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy melts in separate bowls, according to package directions.
- Once the oreo balls have chilled, dip them one by one into the melted candy melts and sprinkle with sprinkles, drizzle with the opposite color, or decorate however you like. You’ll want to work quickly, the candy sets fast.
- For dipping, I like to use a plastic fork, drop the balls into the candy and fish them out, letting the excess candy fall off. You can also try using mess free toothpicks!
- Allow the candy coating to fully set.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.