These easy Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Quesadillas are filled with seasoned strips of beef, peppers and onions that are slow cooked until tender and juicy. They’re piled up in tortillas and toasted in a skillet until golden brown and the cheese is nice and gooey.
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas
This recipe takes all the same wonderful flavors of a Philly cheesesteak sandwich, minus the hoagie rolls, and combines them with crispy, golden-brown quesadillas. They’re incredible easy to make and are a great way to prepare a delicious set-it-and-forget-it meal, making them the perfect weeknight meal.
It’s as simple as placing a few basic ingredients into your crockpot and letting them slow-cook until the steak strips and veggies are melt-in-your mouth tender.
Then, once the meat is ready, you just fill the tortillas by piling them with the flavored meat mixture and mounds of cheese. They are then quickly seared in a hot skillet until the cheese is melted and gooey and the outsides are crispy and brown.
If you’re family loves Philly cheesesteak recipes, you should also try these yummy Philly Cheesesteak Jalapeno Poppers and these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pasta Shells.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Simple recipe: The crockpot does most of the work for you, making this an easy set-it and forget it dinner the whole family will love.
- Delicious: Deliciously seasoned strips of steak are mixed with onions and peppers, stuffed into a flour tortilla with melted cheese.
- Versatile: You can adjust the seasonings, type of meat or veggies to suit your own tastes.
- Top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- Frozen bell peppers and onions
- Beef broth
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Large flour tortillas (burrito-sized)
- Shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
How to Make Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
Step One: Combine meat and veggies
- Add the meat and the peppers and onions to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle over the seasoning and add beef broth. Stir the beef mixture and cover.
Step Two: Cook until tender
- Slow cook on high for 3-4 hours, low 4-6 until your beef is tender.
Note: Slow cookers vary so check your beef for tenderness after 3 hours
Step Three: Drain the excess liquid
- Drain the juice from the tender steak and start to assemble your quesadillas.
Step Four: Assemble the quesadillas
- Evenly distribute the cheese between the 4 tortillas.
- Place a quarter of the meat on half of the tortilla.
Step Five: Toast in skillet
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat spray a little olive oil spray and place down one of the tortillas with the meat and cheese.
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes until the tortilla shell is golden brown on the bottom.
- Using a spatula fold the steak and cheese quesadillas over and cook until brown and the gooey cheese is melted and remove from pan.
Note: Place a lid on the pan while your quesadilla is cooking to melt the cheese faster.
Step Six: Cut and serve
- Using a pizza cutter, cut in half and serve!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla Recipe Variations:
- Veggies: Instead of frozen, you can use fresh red and green peppers. You can also add mushrooms and caramelized onions. Green chiles or jalapenos are also a great addition.
- Seasoning: Try different ways to season the beef. You can add freshly minced garlic, steak seasoning blend, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder.
- Meat: We used top sirloin steak, but you can use ribeye or even chuck roast. Just make sure you slice beef into thin strips. You can also use browned ground beef and just reduce the cooking time.
- Cheese: For the melted cheese, you can use any kind you like. Pepper jack, Colby jack, American cheese, cheddar cheese or a Mexican blend are all great choices.
What Other Ways Can I Serve These Quesadillas?
One of the things you’ll love about this recipe is that you can use leftovers to make a delicious sandwich on hoagie bun, add to a salad, make burritos or tacos. You can also add the meat mixture with green bell pepper and onion to eggs with some heavy cream to make a Philly cheesesteak frittata.
What Toppings Best with Cheesesteak Quesadillas?
- Pico de Gallo or salsa
- Sour cream
- Pickled or fresh jalapenos, or pepperoncini peppers
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Black bean and corn salsa
More Awesome Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Crockpot Smokies
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- Crockpot Beef Stew
- Simple Slow Cooker Chili
- Crockpot Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken
Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Quesadillas
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak cut into strips
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella provolone cheese shredded
- spray oil
- In your slow cooker add the meat and peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle over the seasoning and beef broth.
- Slow cook on high for 3-4 hours, low 4-6 hours until your beef is tender. Slow cookers vary so check your beef for tenderness.
- Drain the juice from the beef and start to assemble your quesadillas.
- Evenly distribute the cheese between the 4 tortillas.
- Place a quarter of the meat on each tortilla.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat spray a little oil and place down one of the tortillas with the meat and cheese.
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes until the bottom golden.
- Using a spatula fold the quesadilla over and remove from pan.
- Cut in half and serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!