Slow cooker southwest chicken is an easy weeknight meal. It’s full of salsa, corn, black beans and chicken. Cook it all in your slow cooker and. you’ll have a meal in no time!
Slow Cooker SW Chicken
Dinner can get boring and take a ton of time, but this easy chicken recipe will help make it easier. We used out Instant Pot on its slow cooker setting so the chicken is perfectly moist, and full of southwest flavors.
What’s so great about this recipe is that it uses pantry ingredients so you’re likely to have everything on hand already. And, even if you don’t, now that you know about the recipe, just be sure to shop for these pantry items and have them at the ready for anytime you need a quick and easy meal
SW Chicken Ingredients
chicken breasts – use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe so they will be easy to shred after cooking
corn kernels – you can use frozen corn, fresh corn on the cob that you’ve cut the kernels off, or a can of corn (drained)
black beans – just a can, drained
green chiles – a small can of diced green chiles will add a ton of flavor with just the right amount of spice
salsa – you can use your favorite brand of salsa
How To Make Southwest Chicken
Start by adding salt and pepper to the chicken breasts and place then in a greased slow cooker, or Instant Pot that’s on the slow cooker setting.
Add the corn, chiles, black beans, and salsa on top of the chicken breasts.
Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 5-6 hours. If you have less time, you can cook it on high for 3-4 hours.
Remove from the slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Using two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces.
Serve on a tortilla or rice.
Want More Easy Recipes?
Quick Instant Pot popcorn
- 3 medium size boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 C. frozen corn
- 1 C. black beans
- 4.5 oz can of diced green chiles
- 16 oz salsa any brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the boneless skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Salt & pepper the chicken breasts.
- Pour the frozen corn, salsa, black beans and green chiles over the chicken breasts.
- Heat on low for 5-6 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Shred the chicken and serve over rice or in tortillas.