These Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie treats are a fun way to dress up a classic dessert for pumpkin season. Crisp and chewy, filled with sweet pumpkin pie spice flavor and topped with a white chocolate drizzle, these pumpkin treats are as easy as the classic Rice Krispie treats, but even more delicious.
Table of Contents
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Almost everything is better with pumpkin spice flavor added, and these pumpkin spice rice krispie treats are a perfect example. Loved by kids and adults everywhere, the rice krispie treat is known for its irresistible gooey marshmallow and crispy rice cereal combination. This pumpkin spice version mixes pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice with the marshmallow and adds a drizzle of sweet white chocolate on top. Quick and easy with no baking required, these crispy treats are the perfect addition to any fall festivities and will have everyone asking for your recipe!
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- Pumpkin spice flavor puts a fun seasonal twist on an already popular and classic treat, making these an easy way to satisfy that pumpkin spice craving.
- The individual cereal bars are portable and easy to pack, making them a perfect treat for parties, potlucks, and bake sales.
- Rice Krispie treats are always popular with kids, so they’d be great for a school event or children’s party.
- There’s no baking involved in this easy recipe, so the treats are ready to eat as soon as they cool down.
- large saucepan
- double boiler
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- spatula or wooden spoon
- piping bag
- Rice Krispies cereal
- pumpkin puree (we use canned pumpkin puree)
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- orange food coloring (optional)
🥄 How to Make Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Step One: Heat Butter and Pumpkin
- Butter a 9×9 inch pan. Spread the pumpkin on a stack of paper towels and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes to draw out the moisture.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add the pumpkin and continue to heat and stir until well mixed.
Step Two: Add the Marshmallows
- Add the marshmallows to the pumpkin mixture and continue heating, stirring frequently until all the marshmallows are melted.
- Stir the pumpkin pie spice into the marshmallow mixture until evenly mixed. If desired, add a few drops of orange food coloring to get a deeper orange color.
Step Three: Add Rice Krispies and White Chocolate Topping
- Remove from heat and fold in the Rice Krispies. Press mixture evenly into the prepared pan, then allow to cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, place the white chocolate chips in a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl over a small pot of water. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag and gently drizzle across the rice krispie treats. Allow to cool completely to room temperature, then cut into 9 squares and serve.
Tips and Suggestions
- You can melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave rather than using a double boiler. Microwave in 15-30 second intervals, stirring after each time, and watching it carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, you can pipe the melted chocolate through a zip top bag with a small corner cut off.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The pie filling has pumpkin pie spice and sweetener already added so it may make your treats too sweet.
- For best results, place a layer of wax or parchment paper over the treats when you press them into the pan, to prevent the sticky mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Halloween Colors – For a festive Halloween treat, you can add a little bit of orange food coloring to the white chocolate, then melt some dark chocolate and drizzle both colors for a black and orange look.
- Dip in Chocolate – If you like extra chocolate, you can dip the top of each treat into the melted chocolate to cover the entire surface instead of drizzling.
- Halloween Sprinkles – Add some fall or Halloween themed sprinkles to the tops of the treats (this works especially well if you cover the entire surface with chocolate.)
- Frosting – Put frosting on top of the treats in place of the chocolate. You can use any flavor you like, but cream cheese frosting would be delicious with the pumpkin.
How Do I Store Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature, They should keep for about three days – if you can manage to make them last that long!
Can I Use a Different Cereal?
Sure – although I guess technically, they’d no longer be Rice Krispie treats, they’d definitely still be delicious! Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Grahams, Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, or anything with cinnamon or maple flavor would make delicious pumpkin spice cereal treats.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats?
You can, but it’s not recommended. Freezing will change the delicious chewy texture of the treats. Luckily, it takes so little time to make these that you can quickly make more whenever you run out!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Lush
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Cool Whip Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- The Best Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 12 ounces marshmallows 1 bag
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- orange gel food coloring optional
- Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Spread pumpkin puree on a stack of paper towels and let it sit for about 5-10 to draw out moisture.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat stirring frequently. Add pumpkin and continue heating and stir until well mixed.
- Add in marshmallows and continue heating, stirring frequently until marshmallows are melted.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice and stir in until evenly mixed. If a deeper orange color is desired add a few drops of orange food coloring.
- Remove from heat and fold in Rice Krispies.
- Evenly press mixture into prepared pan.
- Allow to cool.
- While the Rice Krispies mixture is cooling place white chocolate chips in a double boiler, or a heat safe bowl over a small pot of water. Heat over medium/high heat stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Place in a piping bag and gently drizzle across Rice Krispies treats.
- Allow to cool before cutting. Cut into 9 squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.