This Orange Fluff Salad is a sweet, creamy and fruity retro-style dessert salad that’s extremely easy to make and always a crowd favorite. With juicy mandarin oranges, fluffy marshmallows, and tangy crushed pineapple, it has a unique creamsicle flavor that’ll have everyone coming back for more.
Table of Contents
Deliciously Sweet Orange Fluff Salad
If you’ve never tried mandarin orange fluff salad before, you’re in for a real treat. Orange Jell-o and creamy instant vanilla pudding is whipped together with sweet mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple to create a dessert that’s quick, super easy to make, kid-friendly and is absolutely delicious.
One of the things you’ll love the most is how the combination of sweet, whipped topping and creamy vanilla pudding balances out the flavors of the tangy jello and the fruit. It’s not too sweet and it’s not too tart, making it great to serve as a tasty dessert or as the perfect side dish.
It you love fruit salads you should also try this classic Ambrosia Salad and this Grape Salad. Or, if you love fluff-style desserts like this orange fluff, you should also check out this Watergate Salad recipe and this Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad.
Why you’ll love this Orange Fluff Recipe
- The sweet fruity flavor and fluffy texture makes this orange salad a great recipe to serve as a side dish or a sweet treat.
- It makes a generous amount, perfect for those times when you’ll be serving a good many guests.
- It’s an easy recipe that uses simple ingredients you can pick up at any grocery store.
Orange Fluff Jello Salad Ingredients
- Orange Jell-O mix
- Hot water
- Cold water
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- Mandarin oranges-rinsed and drained well
- Crushed pineapple-drained well
- Mini marshmallows
How to make Orange Fluff Dessert
Drain the canned fruit well, otherwise the salad will be juicy/watery.
Step One: Make the Orange Gelatin
- In a large bowl add each package of orange jello powder with hot water and whisk until the powder dissolves.
- Once dissolved, add the cold water and stir to combine. Refrigerate the orange jello mix for 15-20 minutes.
Step Two: Whisk in the Pudding
- Remove from the refrigerator and add the instant pudding powder to the bowl and whisk to combine, making sure to get the sides of the bowl so everything is evenly incorporated.
- Place the bowl back in the fridge and chill for another 15-20 minutes.
Step Three: Fold in the Whipped Topping
- Once the salad has had time to chill for a bit, remove from the refrigerator and fold in the whipped cream with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated.
Step Four: Add the Remaining Ingredients
- Then add the rinsed and drained mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, and mini marshmallows and fold everything together gently with a rubber spatula to combine.
Note: Be careful when adding the orange so they don’t break apart.
Step Five: Chill, Serve and Enjoy
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Chill the mandarin orange salad in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. This allows the cream to thicken, the flavors to blend together, and the marshmallows to soften.
Note: Make sure to let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the cream to thicken up. The jello flavor will also intensify as the texture of the marshmallows soften.
Orange Fluff Recipe Variations
- Other fruit and jello combinations: The best part of fruit fluff salads is that you can also make it using other fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries with other flavors of jello.
- Chunky orange fluff: To give your orange salad a chunkier texture, you can use pineapple tidbits instead of crushed pineapple.
- Lighten it up: You can use a light/low fat Cool Whip or make your own whipped topping.
- Tangy twist: If your fruit salad recipes are a little tangy, substitute about a cup of the whipped cream with a cup of Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Sugar free: Though the fruit has natural sugar you can cut back on it some by using sugar free Jell-O, pudding mix and cool whip.
- Other add-ins: Shredded coconut, chopped pecans, walnuts, or cottage cheese are great additions.
Making Orange Fluff in advance
You can make this orange fluff recipe in advance up to a day before you want to serve it. Store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
How to store Orange Jello Fluff
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Any longer and the cream will begin to thin out from the fruit juices and the marshmallows become too soft.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Kool Aid Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Layer Cake
- Banana Split Cake
- Peanut Butter Bars
More Favorite’s From Balancing Motherhood
Orange Fluff Dessert
- 3 ounces orange Jell-O mix
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup cold water
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces whipped topping 1 container, like Cool Whip
- 30 ounces mandarin oranges 2 cand, drained well
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple 1 can, drained well
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows 1 bag
- In a large bowl, combine the orange jell-o powder with hot water and whisk until the powder dissolves.
- Once dissolved, add the cold water and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and add the instant vanilla pudding powder to the bowl and whisk to combine, making sure to get the sides of the bowl so everything is evenly incorporated. Place the bowl back in the fridge and chill for another 15-20 minutes.
- After it has chilled a bit, remove from the refrigerator and add the Cool Whip. Fold together with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated.
- Then add the drained mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, and mini marshmallows.
- Fold gently with a rubber spatula to combine. You want to be careful not to break apart the mandarin oranges.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. This allows the cream to thicken, the flavors to blend together, and the marshmallows to soften. Enjoy!
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.