This guy is a fan favorite at my house. I have a basic base recipe for the quiche and then add different ingredients based on my mood or what I have in the refrigerator. The other day I had mushroom and swiss cheese. The mushrooms turn golden brown in the oven. And, I always like to use broccoli. It’s the great way to get veggies on the table — hide them amongst eggs, and cheese! In a PIE!This is such a versatile recipe. You can add so many different items and completely change out the dish.
Broccoli and Mushroom Quiche
- 1 9- inch pie crust recipe of your choice or use a store bought one
- 1 cup chopped and cooked broccoli
- 1/2 sliced mushrooms about 3 sliced mushrooms for top garnish
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 425
- Prepare your crust in 9-in pie pan. Set aside
- Saute mushrooms, and onions in butter until tender and just slightly golden. Reserve a few mushrooms to place on top of quiche. Set mushrooms and onions aside.
- Cook broccoli until al dente (use your preferred method since it's such a small amount. You can use the microwave with a few tablespoons of water, or steam on the stove top. If using frozen broccoli, heat per directions on package.) Set aside.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in cheese.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Add mushrooms and onions. Stir
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan. Place reserved mushroom slices on top for decorative touch.
- Bake 15 minutes
- (If crust is browning too quickly, place foil around edges of crust)
- Reduce heat to 300, bake 30 more minutes until knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.