This quick and easy Fall Chex Mix is a delicious, sweet treat made with the perfect combination of wheat and rice Chex, salty pretzels, and everyone’s favorite Halloween candies. It’s the perfect snack for all your fall season gatherings.
Table of Contents
Fall Chex Mix Recipe
This sweet fall Chex mix is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and crunchy. Though it’s an awesome Halloween snack mix, don’t limit yourself to just one time of year. Trust me, this irresistible blend of sweet and salty goodness is a winner all year around, especially if you’re a huge fan of candy corn and Reese’s pieces. You can even make an extra-large batch and freeze it for those last-minute snack attacks.
Chex Mix recipes are an absolute family favorite and are perfect for parties, potlucks, and gift-giving. You can make them with a variety of different types of candies and add-ins depending on the holiday or season. This Halloween Chex Mix recipe with candy eyeballs makes a spooky treat, while this Strawberry Muddy Buddies recipe is ideal for Valentine’s Day or baby showers.
Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s a super easy recipe – For this sweet and salty Chex mix recipe, you just combine a few store-bought, simple ingredients with melted butter and brown sugar.
- A fun twist on classic Chex mix – The addition of Cracker Jacks and Reese’s Pieces candy adds extra crunch and a little bit of chocolate and peanut butter goodness.
- Perfect fall treat – This makes the perfect fall snack mix for your next Halloween party, gift giving, or for a fun family movie night treat.
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Wheat Chex cereal
- Corn Chex cereal
- Mini pretzel twists
- Bugles chips
- Reese’s Pieces candy
- Candy corn
- Candy corn pumpkins
- Caramel corn with peanuts (Cracker Jack)
How To Make This Homemade Chex Mix
Step One: Melt the Butter with the Sugar
- To a large microwave safe bowl add your butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until the butter is all melted.
Step Two: Add the Cereal and Chips
- To a very large bowl add your wheat chex, corn chex, pretzels and bugles.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in the mixture of brown sugar and melted butter.
- Microwave for 5 minutes stirring after every minute.
Step Three: Dry and Cool
- Once done, pour out onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet in an even layer to cool.
Step Four: Add Candy and Caramel Corn
- Once the cereal mixture is cool add the Reeses pieces, candy corn, candy pumpkins and caramel corn with peanuts.
- Toss to combine and serve!
Other Fun Add-ins
- Honey or maple syrup: Along with the brown sugar, you can add a little drizzle of honey or maple syrup for extra flavor and even more sweetness.
- Cinnamon: Sprinkle some ground cinnamon to give the mix warm fall flavors. You can also add a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
- White chocolate chips: Once the cereal mixture has cooled add some mini white chocolate chips with the candy and caramel popcorn.
- Nuts or pumpkin seeds: Roasted pumpkin seeds or chopped nuts add a little more salt to the sweet and salty mix.
- M&M’s: If you prefer, you can add M&M’s instead of Reese’s pieces or in addition to.
- Coconut flakes: Sprinkle coconut flakes for a little added chewy texture.
- Festive sprinkles: Halloween-themed sprinkles add even color to the Chex mix. You can change up the color based on the occasion.
How Do I Store Sweet Chex Mix
You can store this Chex mix at room temperature in an airtight container or other container with a tight-fitting lid. Make sure you can keep it away from warm places or near direct light because the chocolate may melt.
A fun way to store this mix, if you’re giving some away for gifts or giving as favors at Halloween parties is to place some in mason jars and tie a pretty ribbon around them.
How Long Will the Sweet Fall Chex Mix Stay Fresh?
When stored properly in an airtight container, this Chex Mix can stay fresh for up to two weeks.
More Fun Fall-Themed Snacks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars
- Halloween Candied Apples
- Layered Candy Corn Fudge
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- Apple Cider with Caramel
Fall Chex Mix
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups bugles chips
- 1 cup Reese's pieces candy
- 1 cup candy corn and pumpkins
- 2 cups caramel corn with peanuts Cracker Jack
- To a large microwave safe bowl, add butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until the butter is melted.
- To the bowl add wheat Chex, corn Chex, pretzels, and bugles.
- Toss to coat in the butter mixture.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Pour out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool.
- Once cool, add the Reese's pieces candy, candy corn, pumpkins, and caramel corn with peanuts and toss to combine.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.