Cinnamon roll french toast casserole is the perfect breakfast casserole. Also known as a french toast bake, It combines classic cinnamon rolls with french toast topped with creamy cream cheese glaze. It’s so easy to make and will quickly become a family tradition.
You might also love our other easy breakfast sticky buns with biscuits.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
What makes this breakfast so good is that it combines two favorites: cinnamon rolls and french toast. It’s easy to get tired of the same old breakfast casseroles and treats, but this one puts two of the best together.
And, it’s so easy to make, there are only a few simple steps. It starts with canned cinnamon rolls – what could be easier than that?
This gooey breakfast casserole is the perfect treat for a special occasion, holiday breakfast, or just a special weekend breakfast!
Your family will love waking up to the smell of cinnamon and syrup and will be ready to devour this breakfast casserole!
cinnamon rolls – you’ll need two containers (cans, as we call them) of canned cinnamon rolls. Get the ones with the icing included as you’ll use that as a base for the icing
eggs and milk – this is for the french toast flavor comes from
cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup – these ingredients will add even more cinnamon flavor and also make it taste creamy and rich like french toast
powdered sugar and milk – you’ll be adding this to the cream cheese frosting that comes in the can to make a luxurious frosting for the casserole
How to Make Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- You’re going to start by separating the cinnamon rolls and cutting them into fourths. Place the pieces into a large mixing bowl and pour melted butter on top of them, stirring them to coat all the pieces with butter.
- Pour the cinnamon roll pieces into the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla and stir until combined. Pour mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, make the frosting.
- In medium mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until smooth. Add in the cream cheese frosting from the canisters and mix until combined.
- Remove the finished casserole from the oven and let cool, then frosting with the cream cheese frosting.
- Slice and serve with a side of warm maple syrup.
Tips to Make Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Check the baking time and test your oven so you don’t overcook the casserole. You should be able to put a tester (or a knife) in the casserole and have it come out clean when it’s cook through.
- For the frosting, you can omit the canned frosting from the recipe and just use the powdered sugar and milk.
- Pour half of the frosting on the casserole while it’s warm so that it melts into the cracks and crevices of the warm casserole. Let it cool, and then put the rest of the frosting on. This will allow the frosting to be a thick layer on top when you serve it.
Can You Make This Ahead of Time?
If you want to prepare this cinnamon roll french toast bake the night before, it’s easy to do so. Just make it as per the instructions right up until you would bake it. Cover the dish and place in refrigerator overnight.
The next morning, place on counter to come to room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake as directed.
What to Serve with Cinnamon Roll Casserole?
We love to have some options for the sides of this recipe:
- Fresh fruit
Want More Breakfast Ideas?
- 2 containers of cinnamon rolls with icing included
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Open the cinnamon rolls and separate the rolls. Set the icing aside.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 equal pieces. Place the cinnamon roll pieces into a large mixing bowl. Pour melted butter on top of cinnamon roll pieces, and stir to coat the rolls.
- Pour the coated cinnamon roll pieces into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over the cinnamon rolls.
- Drizzle with maple syrup on the top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the cinnamon roll casserole is baking, make the frosting. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until it reaches a frosting consistency. Add in the icing from the cinnamon roll tubes. Mix to combine. Set in refrigerator while you wait for the casserole to finish baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Frost the cooled cinnamon roll casserole with the icing. You can also chose to separate the frosting in half and put half on while the casserole is warm so the frosting drips into the warm dish. Then, wait until it's cooled, and frost with the remaining frosting.
Subscribe and download your FREE Easy Canned Biscuit Recipe ebook!