This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These adorable candy cane reindeer may just be the cutest treat you’ll make this holiday season. Melted chocolate and candy canes are used to form festive reindeer faces, complete with candy eyeballs and an M&M nose! The treats are served on sticks, for a lollipop-like candy dessert that will be a huge hit with kids and adults alike.
Candy Cane Reindeer
If you’re looking for a delicious no-bake holiday treat that’s easy and inexpensive, you’ll love these fun and festive candy cane reindeer. Part easy craft project and part candy treat, these chocolate and peppermint reindeer take just a few minutes to assemble. They’d make a perfect addition to any holiday party or school event, and they’d also make great party favors or gifts. Try this recipe today and bring some easy holiday fun to your home!
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- These adorable reindeer treats are perfect for the holiday season – they’ll be a huge hit at parties.
- Candy cane reindeer are super easy to make, and the whole family will have fun helping to assemble them.
- This is a great kid-friendly treat for a classroom event or school party.
- The ingredients are inexpensive so you can make a large batch without spending lots of money.
- They can be assembled quickly and there’s no baking time and very little clean up.
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Wooden skewers
- Ziploc bags
- Candy canes
- Chocolate chips (for melting)
- M&Ms or Skittles (Red)
- Decorative candy eyes
- Coconut oil
🥄 How to Make Candy Cane Reindeer
Step One: Prepare the Ingredients
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place wooden skewers or lollipop sticks on the baking sheet and position a candy cane on either side of each skewer so the candy canes form a heart. (The bottom end of the candy canes should not touch.)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil and chocolate chips and microwave in 20 second increments. Stir in between each heating.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, pour it into a zip top bag
Step Two: Assemble the Candy Cane Reindeer
- Cut a corner off the chocolate-filled Ziploc bag and gently squeeze the bag to fill the candy cane hearts with chocolate.
- Using a spoon or wooden skewer, spread the chocolate so it touches every part of the candy canes.
- Let the treats rest for a few minutes until cooled to room temperature, then add candy eyes to the center of the chocolate heart and red candies to the bottom of the heart to make a nose. (You can use a little melted chocolate to help them stick.)
- Move the cookie sheet to the refrigerator to cool for about 20 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Tips and Suggestions
- You can skip the bowl and melt the chocolate chips and oil directly in the Ziploc bag in 20 second bursts.
- If using wooden skewers, you may want to cut them a bit shorter so the treats are more manageable.
- Wrap the treats in colored cellophane and give them away as holiday party favors.
- Use mini candy canes for a smaller portion size or if making a larger quantity to share.
- Use cherry candy canes instead of peppermint for a delicious chocolate cherry combination.
- Try using dark or semi-sweet chocolate (or a mixture of both) to give the reindeer a variety of flavors.
How Do I Store Candy Cane Reindeer?
Store the treats in an airtight container in the fridge and they can last for up to 10 days
Can I Freeze Candy Cane Reindeer?
The treats may be stored in the freezer for up to a month but be aware that freezing may cause them to become brittle and break.
🎄More Fun Christmas Recipes
- Grinch Pretzel Bites
- Red Velvet Krispie Treats
- Red Velvet Fudge
- Eggnog Bread
- Hidden Kiss Cookies
- Christmas Tree Meringues
- Christmas Crack
Candy Cane Reindeer
- 10 candy canes
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 5-6 red M&M’s or Skittles
- 10-12 pieces candy eyes
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Lay candy canes around a wooden skewer or lollipop stick in a heart shape (the candy cane’s bottom end should not touch each other).
- Melt the chocolate chips with 2-3 tsp of oil in the microwave at 20-second intervals; stirring properly after each interval and reheating as necessary. Fill the melted chocolate in a zip lock bag.
- TIP – You can directly melt the chocolate in the zip lock bag to reduce your work. Just put the chocolate chips in a zip lock bag along with 2-3 tsp of oil and melt in the microwave at 20-second intervals; squeezing and mixing properly after each interval and reheating as necessary.
- Cut off the corner of the zip lock bag and fill the candy cane heart with melted chocolate. Now, gently spread and smoothen the chocolate inside the heart with a wooden skewer (Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect; just make sure that the melted chocolate reaches each and every corner).
- Let it dry at room temperature for a few minutes. Stick candy eyes in the middle of the heart and red M&M’s / Skittles at the bottom using a little melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to let the chocolate set completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container for later!
• You can trim off the bottom of candy canes if you feel they are too long or you can simply use mini candy canes.
• You can either use milk or dark chocolate chips or you can even use both.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.