This easy air fryer French bread pizza is so quick and delicious that you’ll never need to order a takeout pizza again. The crusty bread is the perfect thickness for a pizza crust, and the homemade pizza sauce is bursting with tomato and Italian herb flavor.
Topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni (or any of your favorite toppings), this pizza comes out great in the air fryer. The crust is chewy with crisp edges, and the cheese is perfectly melted and gooey.
One loaf of French bread will make 4 sizable servings, so everyone can add their favorite pizza toppings and make a unique creation. And it takes just six minutes of cooking time, so it’s a great choice for those busy weeknights when you want a hot and delicious homemade meal but don’t have a lot of time. If you’ve never made pizza in the air fryer before, this easy and delicious recipe will make you a convert.
Be sure to also try our Air Fryer English Muffin pizzas! They’re super popular with the kids.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- The air fryer is one of our favorite ways to cook an easy homemade pizza. It produces a perfect crispy crust and melted gooey cheese in minutes!
- It’s an easy and fun way to have homemade French bread pizza whenever you want. This easy meal doesn’t take much more effort than heating up a frozen pizza, and it’s much tastier.
- The whole family can have a pizza night and add their own toppings to create unique pizza varieties.
- French bread makes the perfect delicious pizza crust, so there’s no need to mess with pizza dough.
For the sauce:
- Tomato paste
- Whole stewed tomatoes
- Dry minced garlic
- Dry minced onion
- Italian seasoning
For the pizza:
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- French bread loaf
- Parmesan cheese for topping, if desired
- Red pepper flakes for topping, if desired
🥄 How to Make Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
This french bread pizza recipe is an easy recipe that you’ll have one the table in no time.
Step One: Make the Sauce
- In a food processor or blender, add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Blend together until smooth.
- Add the spices and pulse until they are fully incorporated into the sauce.
Step Two: Prepare the Pizza
- Cut the French loaf in half, then cut each half lengthwise to form four long pieces.
- Place the bread cut side up, then using a spatula or a knife, spread the tomato sauce mixture on top of each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the sauce, then add the pepperoni slices.
Step Three: Bake
- Place two of the pizzas in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 6 minutes or until the toppings are cooked and the bread is crispy.
- Remove pizzas from the air fryer and top with crushed red pepper and parmesan cheese. Repeat the cooking process with the final two pizzas.
Tips and Suggestions
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to cook all four pizzas at once or you can do them in 2 batches. Be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket, as it will prevent the pizza from cooking correctly.
- Spray some olive oil spray on the inside of the fryer basket before use to make clean up easy.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these pizzas in a regular oven or a toaster oven.
- Get creative and add a variety of toppings. If you’re adding veggies, make sure they’re fresh and not frozen, as frozen toppings may add water to your pizza and make it soggy.
- If you don’t want to make your own pizza sauce, you can use the store-bought kind. You can also use barbecue or buffalo sauce and top with shredded chicken for a unique twist on the classic pizza recipe.
- For a lighter version, use turkey pepperoni in place of the regular kind.
- You can use French rolls or ciabatta in place of the French bread to make smaller individual pizzas. You could also use a French baguette cut into sections.
- Pizza sauce – use a premade pizza sauce or marinara sauce to make this even faster.
How Do I Store Air Fryer French Bread Pizza?
You can store any leftover French bread pizzas in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat them in the air fryer before serving.
This is great for a quick lunch or easy dinner when you’re busy.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon dry minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dry minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 36 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 French bread loaf
- Parmesan cheese for topping if desired
- red pepper flakes for topping if desired
For the Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Blend together until smooth. Add the spices and pulse to fully incorporate them into the sauce.
For the Pizza:
- Slice the French bread in half down the middle. Then, cut each half in half again lengthwise to form four long pieces.
- Using a knife or small spatula, the tomato sauce mixture on top of each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce, then add the pepperoni slices.
- Place 2 of the French bread pizzas in the air fryer basket and cook them at 350 degrees for six minutes or until the bread is crispy and the toppings are cooked.
- Remove pizzas them from the Air Fryer and top them with parmesan cheese or crushed red pepper before serving. Repeat with the final two pizzas.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!