Bubble pizza is a canned biscuit casserole topped with tomato sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. This FOUR ingredient recipe is so easy. You’re going to love it!
This pizza is so popular because you don’t have to wait for the pizza dough to rise, roll the dough out, or do anything seemingly difficult.
The hardest part about this pizza casserole recipe is opening the can of biscuits!
And, if you want another pizza casserole, try our pizza pasta casserole.
I love to serve this as an alternative for pizza night, or duright the big game. It makes a great dish to take to a pot luck too!
What is Bubble Pizza?
Bubble pizza gets it name because it’s bubbles up when cooking. It’s such an easy recipe to make since it uses refrigerator biscuit dough as the base. The dough gets big and bubbly.
Sometimes it’s called bubble up pizza.
Bubble Pizza Ingredients
- canned biscuit dough – a large can like Grand’s is the base of this dish
- pizza sauce – you can use marinara, spaghetti, pizza sauce, or any type of tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese – this will be just like a pizza topping
- pepperoni slices – use as many as you like
How to Make Bubble Pizza Casserole?
- This really couldn’t be easier. Start by spraying your baking dish. We used a 9×9 which allows a deep pizza.
- Separate the biscuits and cut them into quarters.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the biscuit pieces, pizza sauce, pepperoni and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Give it a toss to coat the biscuit pieces and put it into your baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and some more pepperoni and pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Tips to Make this Recipe
- If you use a 9×13 dish, be sure to reduce the amount of time this cooks. It will cook faster and may tend to dry out. I’d use more biscuit dough and pizza cause if you need to use a larger pan.
- Be creative – you can add cooked sausage, sliced black olives, chopped onions, mushrooms … really any item you’d put on top of a pizza can be included in this recipe. Just be sure to cook any meat that you add to the casserole.
- Serve with a side of sauce for dipping.
Want More Recipes Using Canned Biscuit Dough?
- 1 can large biscuit dough like Grand’s
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove biscuits from package and separate.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In large mixing bowl, combine biscuit pieces, pizza sauce, pepperoni and ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Toss to combine ingredients.
- Pour (or spoon) mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Check the middle and put back in for a few more minutes if dough isn’t cooked through.
- Top with remaining cheese and some pepperonis and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!