Chocolate chip cookie dough dip is delicious, safe way to eat delicious cookie dough. It has a velvety cream base with brown sugar and vanilla, and tossed with chocolate chips. It tastes just like chocolate chip cookie batter.
We’ve put together a cookie dough dip that’s a great no-bake dessert that give you all the feels of eating raw cookie dough.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Dessert dips aren’t new, but this is the first time I’ve tried them. It’s such a hit, and so easy to make. We love easy desserts around here, like our funfetti sugar cookie bars.
With this recipe, it’s just pour and stir kind of thing. No bake. No mess. And you end up with a rich, creamy dip that’s perfect for your family or to serve for guests.
If you craved eating raw cookie dough when your mom made chocolate chip cookies, then this dip is for you! This chocolate chip cookie dough dip will make you feel just like a kid again.
Cookie Dough Dip Ingredients
Butter — unsalted is best. All chocolate chips use butter, so this will give this chocolate chip cookie dough dip it’s rich flavor and help as a binding agent with the other ingredients.
Cream cheese – this gives the dip it’s body. Since cream cheese is mild in flavor, it will absorb the flavors of the brown sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips. I like to use a regular cream cheese, not light, for this recipe.
Brown sugar – light brown sugar works best and makes the dip taste most like a chocolate chip cookie. Make sure the brown sugar is packed when measuring.
Vanilla – use a good vanilla here, not artificial. It will lend to the richness of the dessert dip.
Salt – salt helps take some of the sweetness away. Most chocolate chip cookie recipes use salt, so it will be perfect in this dip recipe.
Chocolate chips – you can use any type of chocolate chips you like. Milk or dark chocolate are favorites. You can also opt to use mini chocolate chips to make taking a bite easier.
How to Make Cookie Dough Dip?
Because there are only a few ingredients, and there’s no baking involved, this easy chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe takes only a few minutes to put together.
- Begin by creaming the the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and fluffy. Then, add in the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is fully incorporated.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Finally, add the salt and vanilla extract.
- Last, gently stir in the chocolate chips. If you’re using an electric mixer, I recommend you stir the chocolate chips in by hand.
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
Is Cookie Dough Dip Safe to Eat?
Your mom probably told you not to eat raw cookie dough. The raw eggs in the dough can be unsafe to eat. But, this cookie dough dip leaves the eggs out, which makes it completely safe to eat.
You won’t even miss the eggs in the recipe. Eggs are only necessary if you’re going to cook the cookies in the oven.
What to Serve with Cookie Dough Dip?
You can just grab a spoon and eat it all! Or, you can be civilized and use any ofa . variety of sides to dip into this dessert. Some great options are:
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Fruit, we especially love strawberries. Apple slices are good too.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add in the brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with graham crackers, ritz crackers or pretzels.