Cast-Iron S’MORES DIP RECIPE
This easy ooey-gooey s’mores dip is the perfect s’more treat to have at home with the family as it combines creamy chocolate, fluffy marshmallows, and graham crackers to make the most delicious treat ready to eat in under 10 minutes!
If you are looking for a super easy family night dessert it really does not get any easier than this one! With three ingredients and about 10 minutes, your family will be sitting down to a delicious after-dinner treat together.
The other night the kids were begging for s’mores, but I didn’t want to go outside and set up the firepit and we don’t have a camping trip planned in the near future, so we decided to create one of our favorite indoor camping recipes, S’more dip.
S’more dip has all the flavors you love from s’mores, but this dip is cooked in your oven in a cast-iron skillet in just a few minutes. With the creamy melted chocolate and the fluffy marshmallows, you will feel like you are sitting around the campfire easting s’mores.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS DIP
The thing I love most about this dip is how easy it is to make.
It in the summer months we tend to want desserts all the time. I love that this s’mores dip recipe is easy and I always have all the ingredients on hand to make it.
With virtually no prep to this recipe we’re enjoying a tasty treat together in a matter of minutes.
I also love how versatile this recipe is! It calls for regular Hershey bars, but we all know how fun it is to create new s’more recipes and this dip is no exception! We have made this s’more dip with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Cookies and cream Hershey bars, and Dark Chocolate bars to name a few.
No matter how we make it the dip is out of this world.
S’MORES DIP INGREDIENTS
- Hershey chocolate bars – Use regular Hersey chocolate bars for this recipe.
- large marshmallows – Grab some big marshmallows for this s’more dip recipe. This will help create a delicious fluffy topping for your melted chocolate to create the most delicious dessert dip. Opt for the big marshmallows because the mini ones will start to burn before the chocolate melts.
- graham crackers – You can’t have s’mores without graham crackers. So, pick up a pack of graham crackers so you can dip into your chocolatey marshmallow treat!
HOW TO MAKE S’MORES DIP
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next, break up the chocolate bars along the break lines and line them on the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet. (If using a regular pan, be sure to grease it with cooking spray.) It’s OK if some overlap, but be careful to not stack too many pieces on top of one another or they won’t melt properly.
- Add a layer of marshmallows on top of the chocolate
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are brown on top.
- Watch closely after 5 minutes … marshmallows can burn easily.
- Remove from the oven and let your pan sit for about 5 minutes. The chocolate will continue to melt.
- Serve immediately from the pan with graham crackers for dipping.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING S’MORES DIP
- If you do not have a cast iron pan you can cook it in a regular baking dish. I prefer the cast iron pan because it helps retain the heat and keep the dip from cooling off to fast.
- If you find yourself craving this dish, but you don’t have chocolate bars on hand you can use chocolate chip morsels. If you go this route, be sure you use a high-quality chocolate chip because it melts better.
- This s’more recipe is perfect if you are trying to feed a crowd! I love making this dip with a bunch of different dipping options on a platter and let people dip away. This is definitely a party favorite!
WHY USE A CAST IRON SKILLET TO MAKE S’MORES DIP?
The best thing about using a cast iron skillet when making s’mores dip is it helps give a camping vibe to this dessert, but you are inside your home!
Also, the cast iron skillet helps keep your s’mores dip warm which allows you to enjoy it even longer without the chocolate hardening back up.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE OTHER CANDY BARS IN THE S’MORES RECIPE?
Looking to add a little twist to your s’mores recipe? Then try substituting other candy bars instead of chocolate bars! Reese cups are my favorite to substitute, but I am sure using snickers or milky way will be just as delicious! Get creative when making this s’more dip recipe!
WHAT SHOULD I DIP INTO S’MORES DIP?‘
There are so many options you can choose from to dip into this yummy s’mores dip! Try a few of these:
- Animal crackers
- Graham Crackers
CAN YOU REHEAT S’MORES DIP?
Yes, you can reheat s’mores dip by just placing the skillet right back into the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until you notice the chocolate is gooey again and your marshmallows are warm and soft.
CAN YOU MAKE S’MORES DIP AHEAD?
If you want to make this ahead of time you certainly can! Just go ahead break up the chocolate, add it to the pan, and top with marshmallows. Then cover it and place it in the fridge. When you are ready to cook, just remove from the fridge and pop it in the oven when ready!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER S’MORES DIP
If you have any leftover s’more dip you can store it in the fridge. Just store it in an airtight container for up to a week.
LOOKING FOR OTHER CHOCOLATE DESSERTS? CHECK THESE OUT!
- 5-6 1.55 oz. chocolate bars we used Hershey
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break up the chocolate bars along the break lines and line on the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet. (If using a regular pan, be sure to grease it with cooking spray.) It’s OK if some overlap, but be careful to not stack too many pieces on top of one another or they may not melt properly.
- Add a layer of marshmallows on top of the chocolate. Place them touching each other, but know they will expand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are brown on top. Watch closely after 5 minutes … marshmallows can burn.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes so the chocolate can continue to melt.
- Serve immediately from pan with graham crackers for dipping.