These creamy dreamy Rumchata Pudding Shots are so delicious, they’re a cocktail and mini sweet treat all in one. Made with just few simple ingredients, these fun little pudding shooters will be a huge hit at your next party.
RumChata Pudding Shot Recipe
This dangerously good RumChata shots recipe will definitely make any party unforgettable! Chocolate pudding and cool whip is spiked with the perfect amount of yummy RumChata that flavors the shots with subtle hints of vanilla and cinnamon. They are so smooth and so tasty it’s hard to stop with just one (but who says you have to 😉)!
These little pudding shooters are a creamy and delicious alternative, or even an addition to, popular Jello shots, like these Christmassy Grinch Jello Shots, these summery Watermelon Jello Shots and these Lime Jello Shots that are great anytime of the year.
But I will be the first to admit that the pudding makes these shots creamier and more filling than your typical Jello shots. This means they are perfect for a mini after-dinner dessert/cocktail combo. But don’t be fooled; they may be sweet, but they have a delightful little boozy kick!
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy Recipe- No fuss recipe that only requires 4 simple ingredients and some tasty toppings.
- Crowd pleaser-These delicious RumChata pudding shots are like a creamy cocktail and mini boozy dessert all in one that always have people coming back for more!
- Perfect for any Occasion- Great recipe to serve anytime! From adult birthdays and pool parties to tailgating or girl’s night, they are always a hit.
- Plastic shot glasses (3 oz size)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
🛒 What’s in this Dreamy RumChata Pudding Shots Recipe?
- Chocolate instant pudding mix: Make sure you use instant pudding that sets up on its own and not the type you have to cook. You can use sugar-free if you prefer.
- Cold milk: You can use 2% (not skim) or whole milk. For extra rich pudding shots, you can even substitute ¼ cup of the milk with ¼ cup heavy whipping cream.
- Cup RumChata liqueur, chilled: If you can’t find RumChata, I will tell you how to make your own below.
- Cool Whip: You can use sugar free cool whip if you want to cut back just a bit little on the sugar.
- Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles for toppings
👩🍳 How to Make Chocolate RumChata Pudding Shots
Step One: Combine First 3 Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding mix, cold milk, and RumChata.
- Keep whisking for about 2 minutes.
Step Two: Add Cool Whip
- Fold in the cool whip and continue to whisk until well combined, smooth and creamy.
Step Three: Add to Shot Cups and add Toppings
- Pour the pudding mixture evenly into 3 oz. plastic cups.
Tip: If making ahead of time, use disposable shot cups with lids and store in the fridge for a few hours before topping and serving.
- Add whipped cream to the top of each cup and then top with the chocolate sprinkles.
Chocolate Pudding Shot Different Variations
Flavors of pudding mix: Change up the pudding to make different flavored shots. vanilla pudding mix and white chocolate pudding mix are awesome options. Pumpkin spice pudding mix topped with a little pumpkin pie spice is another flavor of pudding that’s great for Fall time.
Cheesecake shots: You can make Rumchata cheesecake pudding shots by using cheesecake instant pudding. Cheesecake pudding has the same tangy flavors as cream cheese without changing the consistency of the shots.
Toppings: You can use chocolate shavings instead of sprinkles. Or for a whole other spin, you can add some graham cracker crumbs or crushed up Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal to the top of the whipped cream. If serving them for specific holidays you can use colored sprinkles that represent the season.
Thicker Rumchata Pudding shots: If you want to make these shots thicker to serve with a mini spoon, you can reduce the milk by about 1/3 cup. You can even serve the thicker version in mini dessert cups if you prefer.
How Long Are Pudding Shots Good in the Fridge?
You can keep them chilled in the fridge for a couple of days, but they are best when enjoyed within 24 hours of refrigerating. Make sure they are covered or sealed in airtight container if you are not serving them immediately.
What is RumChata?
RumChata is a cream liqueur that actually originated in Wisconsin. It’s a sweet creamy rum with a hint of vanilla, cinnamon and other flavors. You can usually find it at most any liquor store in the rum section.
What If I Can’t Find RumChata?
You can make it yourself with just a few simple steps:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 ½ cups of your favorite unflavored rum
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Dash of vanilla extract
Start by making a simple syrup by boiling the sugar in the water until it completely dissolves. Allow it to cool completely. Then add all the other ingredients. Mix well to combine and store in the fridge until you’re ready to use it for up to a week or so.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Sangria Jello Shots
- Watermelon Rum Punch
- Red Wine Ice Cream Floats
- Watermelon Margarita
- Peppermint Martini
Rumchata Pudding Shots
- 10 3 oz. plastic cups
- 6 ounces instant chocolate pudding 1 box
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup RumChata chilled
- 8 ounces whipped topping like Cool Whip
- whipped cream can or homemade
- chocolate sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mix, cold milk, and RumChata.
- Keep whisking for about 2 minutes. Add the cool whip and whisk to combine.
- Pour the pudding mixture evenly into 3 oz. plastic cups.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!