This pink hot chocolate is a pretty and festive version of the popular drink that’s just perfect for Valentine’s Day. It not only has a fun pink color and a delicious creamy taste, but it’s also incredibly quick and easy to make.
If you’re looking for something sweet to make for your valentine, but you’re not into complicated and time-consuming desserts, this pink hot chocolate is the new recipe you need. Made with white chocolate instead of the traditional dark variety, this tasty treat also uses both regular and sweetened condensed milk to create the most amazing creamy texture and an indulgent sweet taste.
The best part about this drink is its beautiful pink color, which you can create by simply adding a few drops of pink food coloring. Complete the drink by adding whipped cream and heart sprinkles on top for the perfect Valentine’s Day surprise!
Make this for the kids as a Valentine’s Day breakfast treat, serve it as a special dessert for your special someone, or put it in a slow cooker and bring it to a party. You can even make a boozy version by adding some Amaretto or other liqueur. This recipe is so creamy and delicious that we wouldn’t be surprised if you like it even better than the regular kind!
Another fun pink drink is our whipped strawberry milk.
💗 Why We Love This Recipe
- This creamy and sweet white chocolate flavor is a fun twist on a traditional hot cocoa.
- The pretty pink color makes this a perfect treat for a special Valentine’s Day dinner.
- With just four simple ingredients, this pink hot chocolate recipe is super easy and can be ready in minutes.
- It’s a delicious treat that will warm you up on a cold day.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- White chocolate chips
- Pink food coloring
- Heart sprinkles
Step One: Mix the Ingredients
- Heat the milk, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed and melted.
Step Two: Add Color and Decorate
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring and stir.
- Continue to add coloring and stir until the desired shade of pink is reached.
- Pour into cups and top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
Tips and Suggestions
- Be sure to stir the mixture continuously as it heats up to prevent the milk from burning.
- Add a pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla extract to highlight the flavor of the white chocolate.
- If you don’t have white chocolate chips, a chopped white chocolate bar will work just as well.
- You can use red food coloring if you can’t find pink. Just be sure to start with a tiny amount and increase very gradually so the color doesn’t turn out too red.
- Top with pink and white mini marshmallows for a fun garnish, then serve in a glass mug to show off the beautiful pink color.
- Top with whipped cream then add a few sliced strawberries.
- Add peppermint or strawberry syrup for some fun flavor variations.
- Make a boozy version by adding some peppermint schnapps, amaretto, or strawberry liquor.
How Do I Store Pink Hot Chocolate?
You can save your leftover hot chocolate in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to serve it, simply pour it back into the saucepan and gradually reheat.
What Kind of Milk Should I Use?
Keep in mind that the higher the fat content of the milk, the creamier the hot chocolate will taste, so I recommend using whole milk. If you prefer a less creamy hot chocolate, you can use 2%, or you can use a non-dairy variety like coconut milk, cashew milk, or almond milk
More Fun Drink Recipes
- Orange Cream Soda
- Grinch Hot Chocolate
- Shamrock Shake
- Starbucks Copycat Caramel Frappuccino
- Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake
Pink Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- pink food coloring
- heart sprinkles
- Put milk, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips into medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add as many drops of pink food coloring till desired color.
- Stir until everything is mixed and melted.
- Pour into cups, top with sprinkles and enjoy
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!