This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Skillet lasagna is the lazy way to make delicious lasagna dinner. It has all the ingredients of traditional lasagna without the work! It’s filled with lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and Italian seasonings.
30-Minute Skillet Lasagna
I first made this recipe on a busy weeknight when I wanted to serve a hearty meal, but didn’t have the time for all the work. I found this recipe and have tweaked it over the years so that it’s full of flavor, but still just as quick and easy to make.
If you love lasagna, but don’t have the time to make it, this is the recipe for you. It’s cooked (and served) in one pot, or skillet and takes just about 30 minutes start to finish!
One-Pan Lasagna Ingredients
- lasagna noodles – one box
- ground beef – use lean ground beef to reduce the amount of fat you’ll need to drain from the pan
- onion – one large onion
- garlic – minced
- Italian seasoning – this will give all the Italian flavor
- tomatoes – 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- tomato paste – this adds a rich flavor to the sauce
- ricotta and mozzarella cheese – the combine to make a great filling
How to Make Skillet Lasagna
This easy lasagna recipe is a breeze to make, just follow these simple instructions and you’ll have a meal in minutes.
Start by breaking the lasagna noodles into small pieces. You can keep them in the package and use a mallet to break them apart, or put them in a zip top bag and break them into pieces
Next, in large saucepan, bring 2 ½ quarts water to boil, adding the noodle pieces and cooking until tender for about 10 minutes.
In a large, deep skillet, heat the ground beef, breaking the meat apart as it cooks. Chop the onion and add to the beef. Stir it all together to brown the meat.
Next, add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until ground beef is cooked through.
Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine. Cover and reduce the heat to low.
Finally, drain the water from the cooked noodles and add them to the skillet. Add the ricotta cheese, one cup of the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Smooth the mixture out and put the remaining cup of mozzarella on top.
Cover and let simmer for a couple of minutes to let the cheese melt.
What To Serve with Lasagna?
Serve a nice loaf of crusty Italian bread and a side salad and you’ll have a complete meal.
Want More Easy Recipes?
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 ½ quarts water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cans 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Break the lasagna noodles into small pieces. You can keep them in the package and use a mallet to break them apart, or put them in a ziptop bag and break them into pieces
- In large sauce pan, bring 2 ½ quarts water to boil. Add noodle pieces and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat ground beef, breaking apart as it cooks. Chop onion and add to beef. Stir together to brown the meat.
- Add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until ground beef is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Drain water from noodles and add to skillet. Add ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and stir to combine. Smooth the mixture out and put remaining cup of mozzarella on top. Cover and let simmer for a couple of minutes to let the cheese melt.
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!