This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Peanut butter blossoms are a soft and chewy sugar-coated peanut butter cookie topped with a Hershey’s chocolate kiss. They make the perfect Christmas cookie or holiday treat.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
These cute peanut butter kiss cookies are a Christmas classic probably because they taste amazing (chocolate and peanut butter!) and are simple to make.
What’s not to love about a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss on top? If you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate then you have to try our peanut butter balls, another popular Christmas treat.
We love making these at any time of year because they are so simple. This is a great recipe to get the kids involved with – they can actually do all the work. And, the little hands love unwrapping the chocolate kisses and placing them on top of each peanut butter cookie.
- peanut butter cookie mix – I get a package of Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
- vegetable oil, water, egg – follow instructions on the package of your cookie mis for amounts
- chocolate kisses – any brand
- sugar – granulated sugar to roll the peanut butter cookies in
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
There aren’t a ton of steps for this cookie recipe.
Start by unwrapping all the chocolate kisses and set them aside. You may want to keep them in the refrigerator if you live in a hot or humid climate.
Next, grab a mixing bowl and place all of the dry and wet ingredients and mix until combined. Be sure to not overmix. Set the cookie mixture in the refrigerator for a few minutes so it can be cold enough to roll into a ball.
Once the dough is chilled (not too long!) roll one-inch balls and set them on a cookie sheet. Next, roll each ball into the granulated sugar and put back on the cookie sheet. This will give a nice sugary coating on the cookies.
Next, place the cookies in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Follow the package instructions and bake until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and place a Hershey’s kiss on top, gently pressing into the top of each cookie.
Want More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes?
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 36 Chocolate Kisses like Hershey's
- 1 17.5 oz. bag Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Remove wrappers from chocolates. Set aside.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, prepare peanut butter cookie dough following package directions.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each cookie. The cookies will most likely crack around the edges.
- Place cookies on wire rack to cool.