Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake is made with pumpkin puree and is pressure cooked to the most moist delicious dessert that is then elevated to the next level with a cinnamon whipped cream frosting. It’s the perfect holiday dessert.
As you know we love using our Instant pot to make cheesecakes. Some of our new favorites this year would have to be our Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake and our Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
Some people may wonder why I love IP cheesecakes so much! Well, my family and I feel like the cheesecake is more moist and less dense as well as having a better texture. We credit this to the steam that circulates around the cheesecake as it cooks allowing it to be more moist than your typical cheesecake cooked in the oven.
Making and IP cheesecake is one of the simplest ways to make a cheesecake if you follow some simple cheesecake tips and tricks you will have a perfect cheesecake every time.
My Favorite Part of this Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
This IP Pumpkin cheesecake is not like any cheesecake you have ever tasted. The flavor begins in the crust by adding the most perfect spices and seasonings. The flavor doesn’t end there because these same great flavors carry into the pumpkin cheesecake filling and then into the cinnamon whipped cream to give this pumpkin cheesecake a standing ovation every time you make it.
IP Pumpkin Cheesecake Ingredients
Graham Crackers – Graham crackers give this IP cheesecake the base it needs. The crushed graham crackers will become the crust of this cheesecake.
Ground Pecans – One of my favorite additions to the crust is ground pecans. Be sure to grind them up very fine to ensure the right consistency you need for your crust.
Brown Sugar – Sugar helps sweeten the graham crackers just a bit to make the perfect graham cracker crust. Normally you would use granulated sugar, but the brown sugar gives it the perfect touch.
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger – Just a little bit of these spices makes you start dreaming of pumpkin pie.
Unsalted Butter- Butter holds all the ingredients together in the crust. Be sure to use enough to ensure the crust sticks together nicely.
Cream Cheese – The key to a perfect cheesecake is cream cheese. I like to use regular cream cheese (not low fat or non fat) to make my cheesecakes. Be sure to allow it to sit out at room temperature so it mixes well with the other ingredients.
Cornstarch – Cornstarch helps to thicken up this cheesecake a bit as well as helps prevent it from cracking.
Eggs – Eggs help the cheesecake thicken, so be sure to add these and combine them well in the Pumpkin Cheesecake filling.
Heavy Whipping Cream – This IP Pumpkin Cheesecake is so fluffy with the addition of the heavy whipping cream into the filling.
Pumpkin Pie Puree – When picking up the pumpkin puree at the store be sure you get the regular flavored one so all the other flavors in this cheesecake are not overpowered by the pumpkin.
Vanilla Extract – Vanilla is a delightful addition to this cheesecake.
Nutmeg, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Ground Cloves, All Spice – By adding these spices, you will give this Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake the pumpkin pie flavor you are hoping for.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream Ingredients
Heavy Whipping Cream – There is nothing better than homemade whipped cream on IP cheesecakes. The heavy whipping cream will transform into a delicious cinnamon whipped cream.
Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar sweetens the whipping cream and makes it creamy and smooth.
Ground Cinnamon – By adding a little bit of cinnamon to the whipping cream it is the perfect addition to top this Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake with the perfect cinnamon whipped cream you are craving.
How to Make Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Making this Instant pot Pumpkin pie Cheesecake is so easy to make with not a lot of prep. By far one of my favorite desserts to make because of this reason!
Making the Graham Cracker Crust
- Spray your 6 inch springform pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Grind the pecans in a food processor until they are very fine. These will become part of the crust and add great flavor and texture!
- Whisk together in a large bowl, ground pecans, graham cracker crumbs, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and brown sugar.
- Pour melted butter on top of dry ingredients.
- Mix together until combined.
- Press firmly into a 6-inch springform pan. You want to make sure you get it in all the corners. I use the bottom of a glass to do this.
Making the Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Filling
- Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add, cornstarch, eggs, heavy whipping cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Ground
- Cloves, All Spice and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour pumpkin pie cheesecake filling into the crust carefully.
- Place trivet in the Instant Pot and pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom.
- Cover cheesecake completely with foil.
- Transfer the cheesecake onto the top of the trivet.
- Lock and seal the lid.
- Cook on manual for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, let pressure release naturally for 30 minutes.
- Remove from Instant Pot and cool completely on a wire rack. (about an hour)
- Place in the fridge overnight.
Making the Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
- Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Scoop ½ c. of cinnamon whipped cream into your piping bag.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on the Pumpkin Cheesecake.
- Pipe whipped cream along the edge of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle cinnamon around the edge.
Looking for more IP Cheesecakes?
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
Pumpkin Cheesecake :
- 2 - 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp all spice
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 Cups powder sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- Spray a 6-inch springform pan with baking spray and set aside
- Using a food processor, grind up the pecans
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the ground pecans, graham cracker crumbs, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, brown sugar and melted butter and mix together until combined
- Press into the springform pan
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until creamy and smooth
- Pour the batter into the crust
- Place a trivet into a 8-qt instant pot and add 1 1/2 C water
- Transfer the cheesecake onto the top of the trivet and cover with foil
- Press the manual setting and adjust it to high pressure to 40 minutes
- When the beeper goes off, release pressure for 30 minutes
- Carefully open the lid and remove the cheesecake to a wire rack
- Allow the cheesecake to sit for an hour before moving to the fridge
- Using a mixing bowl, beat together the heavy whipping cream, powder sugar and cinnamon until stiff peaks
- Smooth evenly over the top of the cheesecake
- Scoop the rest of the whipped cream into the piping bag
- Pipe whipped cream around the edging
- Sprinkle cinnamon around the edging, cut and enjoy!