Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake makes for a fantastic Christmas cheesecake. The flavors of the crushed candy canes, the cheesecake and the graham cracker crust pair together so well your holiday guests are going to be begging for the recipe!
In our home we love Christmas time, mostly because it means that we have an excuse to dive into some of our favorite Christmas Cheesecake recipes like this Instant Pot Candy Cane Cheesecake recipe I am going to share with you today or our Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake, or our Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake, or our famous Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake.
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake
This Instant Pot peppermint cheesecake is one of our favorites in the family. When our extended family are coming over this is usually the one they ask us to make!
Although cheesecakes always seem like they are hard to make (especially preventing them from cracking) when you make a cheesecake in the Instant Pot it is almost fail proof, if you follow the directions and Instant Pot tips and tricks.
With a few simple ingredients, you will be enjoying your Instant Pot candy cane cheesecake in no time.
My Favorite Part of this Simple Peppermint Cheesecake
When it comes to this simple peppermint cheesecake, the flavor is magnificent, just like a candy cane. The crushed candy canes in every bite take this Christmas Cheesecake to the next level.
Not only that, but I love how easy it is to make an Instant pot cheesecake. I know making a cheesecake sounds scary and difficult, but in an instant pot it really simple.
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake
There is no better way to utilize candy canes and then crushing them up and making this delicious cheesecake with them.
Crushed Candy Cane Cheesecake Ingredients
- Graham Crackers – Grahams crackers are the base of the cheesecake. This helps form the crust on the bottom of the cheesecake as well as the sides.
- Sugar – Sugar helps sweeten the graham crackers just a bit to make the perfect graham cracker crust. You will want to use granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Unsalted Butter – Butter is the bonding agent for the crust.
- Cream Cheese – You can’t have cheesecake without cream cheese. Be sure to allow your cream cheese to get to room temperature prior to making your Instant Pot Candy Cane Cheesecake.
- Peppermint Extract – Peppermint Extract gives this cheesecake the peppermint flavor in every bite. Be sure not to over do it on the peppermint extract when adding it because a little goes a long way.
- Egg Yolks – The egg yolks help make this Crushed Peppermint Cheesecake more creamy and delicious.
- Egg Whites – Using the egg whites separately allows the cheesecake to become lighter and fluffier. So be sure to take the time to add them in when the recipe calls for them rather than with all the other ingredients.
- Crushed Candy Canes – Crushed candy canes make this Instant Pot Cheesecake pop with flavor. Have your kids help by unwrapping all the wrappers and crush them using your food processor (pulsating so it doesn’t become dust) or by placing them in a Ziploc bag and smash them with your rolling pin.
- Pink Food Coloring – Adding pink food coloring allows your Peppermint cheesecake to look festive for the holiday season. If you prefer, you don’t have to use food coloring.
Peppermint Whipped Cream Ingredients
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Heavy whipping cream is the base to this perfect peppermint whipped cream and adds a little bit of protein and calcium into this delicious holiday dessert.
- Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar allows you to sweeten the whip cream without making it too sweet. If you don’t have powdered sugar on hand you can use regular sugar, but it might be a tad grainy from the sugar granules if you do.
- Peppermint Extract – A little peppermint extract goes a long way, so just a touch of this will do.
- Crushed Candy Canes – Don’t forget to save a little bit of crushed candy canes for the top of your holiday cheesecake.
How to Make Instant Pot Candy Cane Cheesecake
Making this Instant Pot candy cane cheesecake is really quite simple with very little prep and clean up! It is the perfect holiday dessert to wow your guests!
Making the Graham Cracker Crust
Mix together crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted unsalted butter. Combine well.
Press firmly into a 6 inch springform pan. Be sure you get in all the crevices of the pan. I usually use the bottom of a glass to make sure it is firmly in place.
Making the Peppermint Cheesecake Filling
- Mix together in a large bowl, the cream cheese, sugar, 3 egg yolks, and peppermint extract. Be sure this is mixed really well before moving on to the next step.
- Beat together the egg whites in another bowl until they are stiff and creamy. You can do this with a whisk, but I highly recommend that you use an electric hand mixer.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, just until they are combined.
- Add the pink food coloring and the crushed candy canes and mix.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Cover the Springform pan completely with foil tightly (even wrapping the bottom).
- Place trivet in the Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet.
- Lock and seal the lid.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, let pressure release naturally.
- Remove from Instant Pot and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
Making the Peppermint Whipped Cream
- Combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract.
- Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop ½ c. of peppermint whipped cream into your piping bag.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on the Candy Cane Cheesecake.
- Pipe whipped cream along the edge of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Cut and enjoy!
What should I serve with Peppermint Cheesecake?
This peppermint cheesecake is delicious on its own and I usually serve it by itself, but you could always serve it with:
Extra Whipped Cream
Or a Special holiday drink
Looking for more Christmas Desserts?
Red Velvet Candy Cane Cheesecake Cake
Layered Christmas Jello
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
Instant Pot Candy Cane Cheesecake
- medium mixing bowl
- 6inch springform pan
- medium piping bag
- 1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Candy Cane Cheesecake
- 2-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 3 pcs. large egg yolks
- 2 pcs. large egg whites
- 1 Cup crushed candy canes
- 2 drops pink food coloring
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup powder sugar
- 1 tbsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 medium piping bag with star tip
- 1/4 Cup crushed candy canes
- Using a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Press into a 6inch springform pan and set aside
Candy Cane Cheesecake
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, the 3 eggs yolks, and peppermint extract until combined
- Using another bowl, beat together the egg whites until stiff and creamy
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture
- Mix in the pink food coloring and candy canes
- Pour mixture into the crust
- Cover the springform with foil
Direction to bake
- Place the trivet into the instant pot and pour 1 C of water into the bottom
- Place the springform pan onto the triviet
- Lock and seal the lid
- Cook on manual for 35 minutes
- Let pressure release naturally
- Remove cheesecake and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
Whipped cream Directions
- Combine the heavy cream, powder sugar and peppermint extract and beat with a hand mixer until stiff with peaks
- Scoop 1/2 C into the piping bag
- Spread evenly the remaining whipped cream
- Pipe whipped cream along the edge of the cheesecake
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Comments & Reviews
I do not have an instapot but want to make some of these cheesecake recipes in the conventional oven. What do you recommend the temperature be set at as well as how long it should cook for? I’ve made cheesecakes in the past but haven’t in quite a while. Thank you. Thank you
Alicia at BalancingMotherhood.com says
I haven’t made these particular IP cheesecakes as regular cheesecakes so I can’t recommend a time or temperature.