This Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake with a gingersnap cookie crust is thick and creamy and just plain delicious. With all the eggnog flavors you know and love it makes this Instant pot cheesecake the perfect holiday dessert.
I decided a few years ago that it is not really Christmas until you break out the eggnog! I love to use it in my baking adventures because I find using eggnog in recipes makes them so creamy and irresistible.
This easy Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake recipe is just that. It has become a crowd favorite every time I make it. I love to pair this IP cheesecake with some of my other favorites like the Red Velvet Candy Cane Cheesecake as well as the Gingerbread Cheesecake to add some variety to my dessert table.
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
If you have just 10 minutes to prep your next holiday dessert for your next gathering then this IP Eggnog Cheesecake is just what you need to make.
It is super simple and almost fail proof with some Instant Pot Cheesecake tips that I have learned through trial and error. The biggest tip is to wrap the cheesecake in foil really well. Be sure it covers the entire pan (even the bottom). You want to wrap it pretty tightly as well. This ensures a perfect cheesecake among some other tips!
My Favorite Part of this Simple Eggnog Cheesecake
Like the Gingerbread IP Cheesecake Recipe, this Eggnog cheesecake also utilizes a gingersnap bottom, which is one of my favorite crusts of all time!
Not only that, but I love the eggnog flavor that you taste as you eat this Christmas Cheesecake Recipe.
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
Calling all Eggnog fans, this recipe is definitely for you! It is simple easy and delicious! The Eggnog Cheesecake is a crowd favorite no matter where we take it.
IP Eggnog Cheesecake Ingredients
Gingersnaps – Gingersnap cookies are the base of this IP Cheesecake. It just takes one bag of gingersnap cookies to make this delicious crust for your cheesecake.
Brown Sugar -The brown sugar helps sweeten up the gingersnap cookies just a touch for this gingersnap crust recipe.
Unsalted Butter-Butter helps the gingersnap cookies stick together together to form the crust. Be sure to use enough butter so that your crust sticks together nicely.
Cinnamon– Adding a bit of cinnamon to the crust helps elevate the gingersnap flavor. Not only that, but cinnamon helps lower blood pressure too!
Cream Cheese – When making this IP eggnog cheesecake with gingerbread cookie crust, you want to make sure you let your cream cheese sit out to get to room temperature. Don’t try to rush making the cheesecake by using cold cream cheese.
Eggs – Eggs help with the fluffiness and the creaminess of the cheesecake. Use room temperature eggs for this IP cheesecake recipe.
Eggnog – You can’t have Eggnog Cheesecake without the eggnog! You can use homemade eggnog or store-bought eggnog for this recipe either one works great!
Sugar – This recipe calls for sugar to help sweeten up the cream cheese and the eggnog. It helps make the recipe creamy as well.
Cornstarch – Not until recently did I learn that cornstarch helps prevent IP cheesecakes from cracking. So adding cornstarch is a great idea. It also works as a thickening agent to thicken up the Eggnog Cheesecake filling.
Rum Extract – Add a touch of rum extract to give it that little bit of the boozy flavor you love on a cold winter’s night to help warm you up from the inside out.
Vanilla – Who doesn’t love a touch of vanilla when baking? The vanilla mixed with the gingerbread flavor makes my mouth do a little dance every time I eat this dessert.
Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg – These spices help elevate the flavors in the cheesecake with the flavors you would adorn your cup of eggnog with making this cheesecake simply delicious.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream Ingredients
Heavy Whipping Cream – When making whipped cream it all starts with heavy whipping cream. An ingredient I always have on hand so I can whip up some whipped cream at a moment’s notice.
Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar helps sweeten up the heavy whipping cream while making it creamy as well.
Vanilla – Vanilla is a great addition to the whipping cream to give it something extra.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon transforms this classic whipped cream recipe into cinnamon whipped cream, the perfect topping for Eggnog Cheesecake with Gingerbread Cookie Crust.
How to Make Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake with Gingerbread Cookie Crust
Making this Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake with Gingerbread Cookie Crust is simple to do and takes just 10 minutes of prep work.
With a little bit of time and mixing you will have a delicious holiday dessert everyone will enjoy.
Making the Gingersnap Crust
Spray springform pan with cooking spray.
Line the sides of the springform pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Crush gingersnaps in a food processor or with a rolling pin. You want these to be finely crushed.
Add crushed gingersnaps, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon to a bowl.
Mix to blend together.
Add butter to the gingersnap mixture.
Mix together until the gingerbread mixture is moist and can hold itself together.
Press firmly into a 6 inch springform pan making an even layer in the pan. Be sure to press it into the corners of the cheesecake pan.
Making the IP Eggnog Cheesecake Filling
- Add your room temperature cream cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat lightly with an electric mixer.
- Add in your eggs (room temperature works best), sugar, run extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, sale, and cornstarch.
- Beat to combine, without overmixing.
- Scrape sides of the bowl while mixing with a rubber spatula.
- Add eggnog slowly.
- Mix only until it is smooth. Do not overmix the Eggnog Cheesecake filling.
- Pour the eggnog cheesecake filling into your prepared gingersnap crust slowly.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter to release any air bubbles. Pop any air bubbles that form on the top with a toothpick.
- Cover the Springform pan completely with foil tightly (even wrapping the bottom).
- Place trivet in the Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom. You can also use a tinfoil sling.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet.
- Lock and seal the lid.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 29 minutes.
- Once cooked, let pressure release naturally (about 10-20 minutes).
- Open lid carefully so none of the condensation falls on to the cheesecake.
- Remove cheesecake from from Instant Pot.
- Uncover the eggnog cheesecake and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2-4 hours or overnight to set. This helps the cheesecake firm up.
- Remove cheesecake from the pan.
Making Classic Whipped Cream
- Chill beaters and the bowl prior to making classic whipped cream.
- Combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Scoop ½ c. of classic whipped cream into your piping bag with a round tip on it.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on the Eggnog Cheesecake.
- Pipe whipped cream dollops along the edge of the cheesecake.
- Garnish with cinnamon.
- Cut and enjoy!
What should I serve with Eggnog Cheesecake?
I love to eat gingerbread cheesecake by itself, but it is good with:
- Ice cream
- Extra Whipped Cream
- An Adult Beverage
Looking for more Christmas Cheesecake Recipes?
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
Red Velvet Candy Cane Cheesecake Cake
- 1 bag gingersnaps
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 packages 16oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 pcs large eggs room temp.
- 1/2 C eggnog
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 C heavy cream chilled
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- large bowl
- 7 in. springform pan
- non-stick spray
- parchment paper
- small glass
- electric mixer w/ mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- wire rack
- cup measure
- paper towels
- piping bag w/ round star tip
- Crush gingersnaps.
- Measure 1 cup of gingersnaps.
- Prep springform pan with nonstick spray
- Line springform pan with parchment paper.
- Make a tinfoil sling.
- Add the crushed gingersnaps, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix to blend with a fork. Add in the melted butter until the dry ingredients are moist and will hold together. With your hands press this into the prepared springform pan. Using the bottom of a glass firmly repress the mixture into the pan.Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to the mixing bowl. Using the electric mixer lightly beat the cream cheese. Slowly add in the eggs, sugar, rum extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch. Lightly beat to only combine. (Don't over mix)
- Scrap the sides of the bowl with the rubber spatula.
- Slowly add in the eggnog. Mix only until the batter is smooth. (Don't over mix)
- Slowly add the mixture onto the crust.
- Release any larger air bubbles by gently tapping the pan on the counter.
- Pour 1 cup of cold water in the Instant Pot. Put the wire rack in the bottom of the pot.
- Position the tinfoil sling around the pan. Carefully lower the pan into the Instant Pot. Secure the lid. Set the pressure release to close.
- Cook for 29 minutes on manual high pressure. As the timer beeps turn the Instant Pot off. Let the cheesecake to natural release. Cool without manually releasing pressure. (This will take about 10-20 minutes)
- Open the lid carefully once the pressure has released. Be careful so that condensation will not drip on the cheesecake.
- If needed carefully use a paper towel to dab any moisture/liquid that may be on the top of the cheesecake.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot.
- Move the cheesecake to cool to room temp on a wire rack.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. (This will help the cheesecake to firm up.)
Whipping Cream Directions:
- Chill the mixing bowl and beaters.
- Add chilled whipping cream to a mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and continue to beat until medium peaks begin to form. (3-4 mins)
- Put a round tip in a piping bag.
- Scoop the whipped cream into the pipping bag.
- Spread a layer of the whipped cream on the top of the cheesecake.
- Pipe dollops around the edge of the cheese cake.
- Garnish with cinnamon.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.