This Crockpot Meatball Stroganoff is made with savory meatballs and tender sliced mushrooms cooked in a rich sour cream sauce and served over pasta noodles. It’s a warm and comforting dinner that’s always a crowd pleaser.
Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff
This recipe takes a classic dish and gives it a fun and easy twist. It uses frozen premade meatballs that you just add to the slow cooker with mushrooms and a homemade creamy sour cream sauce. It only takes minutes to throw together, and the crockpot does the rest of the work for you.
Serve the meatballs and sauce as is or over your favorite pasta for a delicious, hearty, and easy dinner the whole family will love.
While you can certainly make homemade meatballs, it’s so easy to simply use a bag of frozen meatballs. They are fully cooked which saves so much time. Plus, they truly taste just as wonderful as homemade meatballs. I use them in this tangy Crockpot Meatballs recipe, and they’re always one of the first things to disappear at potlucks or holiday parties.
❤️ Why We Love This Recipe
- This is an effortlessly delicious dinner that uses a freezer bag of store-bought, fully-cooked meatballs.
- Slow cooker beef stroganoff is the ultimate family favorite comfort food.
- Awesome dish for potlucks, holiday parties or just a simple weeknight meal.
- Frozen meatballs
- Dry onion soup mix
- Beef broth or stock
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Sour cream
- Wide egg noodles
- Fresh Parsley, optional
🥄 How to Make Easy Meatball Stroganoff
Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Step One: Make the Sauce
In your slow cooker mix together the onion soup mix, beef broth, cream of mushroom and minced garlic.
Step Two: Add Meatballs
Add in the meatballs and mushrooms. Stir to coat the sauce over them.
Step Three: Slow Cook the Stroganoff
Cover with the lid and cook the meatball mixture on low for 4-6 hours.
Step Four: Finish the Sauce
About 15-30 minutes before serving, stir in sour cream and mix well to combine.
Step Five: Cook Pasta and Serve
Boil and drain your wide or medium egg noodles and toss into the slow cooker and stir gently to combine.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
Creamy Crock Pot Meatball Stroganoff Recipe Variations
- Extra creamy sauce: If you want the sauce to be extra thick, you can add in a block of cream cheese along with the sour cream.
- Noodles: Instead of pasta you can serve this dish over mashed potatoes or even polenta.
- Meatballs: You can use regular beef meatballs or the Italian meatballs. If you don’t want to use meatballs, you can use the same sauce ingredients to make ground beef stroganoff.
- Mushrooms: Use your favorite type of mushrooms. Sliced portabella, baby bella mushrooms or white button mushrooms all work great.
- Seasonings: For these stroganoff meatballs, we season the sauce with onion soup mix. Feel free to add more flavor with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, black pepper or dried Italian seasoning blend.
What is a Good Side Dish for Beef Stroganoff?
This is a rich dish so it’s great served with a simple salad or this Creamy Cucumber Salad. If you’re feeding a crowd and need a heavier side dish, here are some great suggestions:
- Roasted potatoes or other root vegetables.
- Grilled asparagus
- Cole slaw
- Broccoli salad
- Green bean casserole
Should I Thaw Meatballs Before Putting in Crockpot?
Frozen meatballs are basically a precooked freezer meal just as they are. You can add so many other ingredients to make easy recipes in minutes. Because they are precooked, there is no need to thaw them before adding them to the crockpot.
Can You Overcook Meatballs in a Crockpot?
While the crockpot basically makes this a fail-proof recipe, you still need to keep an eye on it. If you don’t have enough liquid in the pot, the meatballs can burn, even in the slow cooker. Make sure to stir the sauce on occasion just to make sure the sauce isn’t settling on the bottom of the pot.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Crockpot Smokies
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- Crockpot Beef Stew
- Simple Slow Cooker Chili
- Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken
Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff
- 1 Crockpot
- 26 ounce bag frozen meatballs
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup beef broth or stock
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- parsley optional
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In your slow cooker mix together the onion soup mix, beef broth, cream of mushroom and minced garlic.
- Toss in the meatballs and mushroom and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, stir in sour cream.
- Boil and drain your egg noodles and toss into the slow cooker and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and serve
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!