This crockpot chicken spaghetti is a hearty and delicious weeknight meal that the whole family will love. Easy to make and full of flavor, this dish deserves a regular spot in your dinner rotation.
Next time you’re looking for a pasta dish and want a change from the usual spaghetti recipes, try this simple and satisfying crockpot chicken spaghetti recipe. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are topped with a zesty and creamy sauce and cooked in the slow cooker until tender and juicy. Then, the chicken is shredded and mixed with spaghetti, sour cream, and cheese for a warm and comforting dish that’s sure to be a family favorite, satisfying even the pickiest eaters.
Slow cooker meals are perfect for those busy days, and this one is no exception. It’s also great for taking to parties and potlucks. Just toss everything in and in a few hours, you’ll have a hearty and delicious meal that’s sure to be a favorite anywhere you serve it.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- A warm and hearty meal that’s packed with protein and full of flavor, this dish is the ultimate comfort food!
- The whole family will love this easy recipe – it’s popular even with picky eaters!
- This slow cooker recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights since the crock pot does most of the work for you.
- It contains simple ingredients that can all be found at your regular grocery store.
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Diced Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- Cream of chicken soup
- Diced onion
- Minced garlic
- Onion powder
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Spaghetti noodles
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti
Step One: Cook the Chicken
- Place the chicken, seasonings, cream of chicken soup, onion, green chilies, diced tomatoes, and garlic in an 8-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 3 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice or shred chicken and place it back in the slow cooker.
Step Two: Prepare and Add Spaghetti
- Begin boiling the noodles according to package directions.
- Add the shredded cheese and sour cream to the noodles and stir to combine.
- Cook the pasta until just al dente, then add the cooked spaghetti to the slow cooker and stir the mixture again.
Tips and Suggestions
- Use an electric hand mixer to shred your chicken quickly and easily.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, use a food thermometer and ensure that it has reached an internal temperature of 165.
- You can top this with parsley or other fresh herbs.
- Substitute Monterey Jack or a Mexican cheese blend for the cheddar cheese.
- Add extra diced chilies or crushed red pepper flakes if you want to add some extra spice. You can also toss in some extra bell peppers for color and crunch.
- Try substituting ground beef, chicken, or turkey for the chicken breasts.
- If you don’t have sour cream, you can substitute cream cheese to give a similar savory flavor and creamy texture to the pasta.
How Do I Store Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti?
Store your leftover chicken spaghetti in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
What Do I Serve With Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti?
I like to keep it simple with a side salad or a green veggie and some crusty garlic bread.
Can I Make this Gluten Free?
Sure, you could substitute your favorite gluten-free pasta for the spaghetti. You’ll also want to make sure that you’re using gluten free cream of chicken soup. Many store brands contain gluten so be sure to check your label.
More Crockpot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork
- Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 Crockpot
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 10 ounce diced tomatoes with green chilies we used Rotel
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Add the chicken, seasonings, onion, cream of chicken soup, diced tomatoes, green chilies, and garlic to an 8-quart crockpot and stir. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
- When ready, slice or shred the chicken and return back to crockpot.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, drain then add to the chicken in the crockpot. Add in the shredded cheese and sour cream and stir.
- Add the cooked spaghetti into the slow cooker and stir.
What’s For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.