Game day is upon us which means I’ll be in the kitchen. Most years I cook and bake all day, waiting for the Big Game to start. Mid-day we watch the Puppy Bowl and wait for the kitten half time show. Total cuteness overload!
A few years ago all the cooking stressed me out. I tried to cook homemade corn dogs (I don’t own a fryer). Let’s just say it was a disaster and I think I may have been in tears watching the game. I have never attempted corn dogs again. So, with that memory in mind – and the fact that our home team are in the game, I want a stress-free day. We’re making a big batch of chili and some Trader Joe’s chicken dogs. Some people will eat just the chili (with or without fixins), some people will eat only the dogs, others will put it all together for a big ‘ol chili dog! It’s going to be easy and delicious!
I don’t have a favorite chili recipe to share, but will tell you that we started using ground turkey in our chili and love the soft texture it adds to the chili. I’ve rounded up 20 awesome chili recipes so you can find one that suits your family for this game day. May the best chili (I mean, team!) win.
- Pizza Chili – The Girl Who Ate Everything
- 6-Hour Slow Cooker Chili – A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- Chips and Cheese Chili Casserole – Averie Cooks
- Red Lentil Chili – Bake Your Day
- Beef (or Turkey) Chili – The Brewer and the Baker
- Vegetarian Chili Recipe – Chocolate Covered Katie
- Italian Style Red Wine Chili – The Frugal Foodie Mama
- Taco Chili – Foodie Misadventures
- Healthy Spicy Beef and Black Bean Chili – The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Easy Classic Chili Recipe – I Heart Naptime
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.