Pumpkin recipes are a staple in fall and this recipe has a sweet hazelnut flavor with Nutella! These pumpkin Nutella muffins are a delicious treat for breakfast or an afternoon treat.
This pumpkin Nutella muffin is all things fall! And tastes like you’d imagine! Its a pretty simple recipe that yields a great, moist and fluffy muffin and decadent flavor of the hazelnut spread.
It’s a great morning treat, an afternoon snack, or even dessert!
Pumpkin Nutella Muffin Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Nutella or hazelnut spread
This seems like a lot of ingredients, but you probably have most of them in your pantry. I stock up on pumpkin puree in the fall so I don’t run out.
Incorporate the dry ingredients.
And mix until blended.
Add the wet ingredients and stir. Mix the dry into the wet until combined. Don’t overmix.
Pour into muffin cups. Leave some room for them to rise in the oven.
Add a dolup of Nutella on top.
Then take a fork, knife, or ugly green utensil and swirl the Nutella into the batter.
Just swirl until if looks mixed, but not fully incorporated. You want to see the difference in color from the pumpkin batter and the darker Nutella.
Bake and let cool.
Set these pumpkin nutella muffins out for an after school snack and they’ll be gone in no time.
I like to freeze some so I can pull one out every morning for a special treat on the way to work.
Either way, these pumpkin Nutella muffins are sure to be a hit.
Pumpkin Nutella MuffinPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella (Hazelnut spread)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line your muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, eggs, oil and both sugars. Mix until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir. Poor in half of the milk and stir again. Repeat.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way from the top.
- Add the Nutella to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-40 seconds and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Drop a teaspoon of the Nutella into the center of each muffin cup. Using a toothpick, swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 10. Serve with additional Nutella spread, butter or maple syrup.
Also on the pumpkin bandwagon are these pumpkin spice donuts. They’re baked, not fried, and full of flavor even though they are gluten-free!
And, if you haven’t gotten enough pumpkin flavors yet, try this paleo version of a pumpkin spice latte. It’s delicious!
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!