Instant pot jasmine rice is a wonderful and easy recipe that make the perfect side dish or simple main meal. It’s the easiest way to make jasmine rice. This version has a wonderful texture and flavor.
What is Jasmine Rice?
Jasmine rice is grown primarily in Thailand. The name jasmine refers to the color of the rice, not the flavor – the jasmine flower is white like the rice. Or is the rice white like the flower?
There is a slight nutty scent to jasmine rice when cooked that comes from within the rice.
It is moist and soft when cooked and has a slight sweet flavor. And, like the rice in a japanese restaurant, it’s slightly sticky, but not clumped.
So, what’s the difference between plain white rice and jasmine rice?
There are differences in the texture of the rice, and how long the grains are. And, plain white rice doesn’t have the scent that jasmine rice does.
You can substitute jasmine rice for white rice in most recipes.
What Do You Eat with Jasmine Rice?
The main dish that goes with jasmine rice are endless, but here are a few of our favorites:
- baked chicken
- sweet and sour chicken
- ginger soy chicken
- flank steak
- ginger beef
- black beans
Tools Needed to Make instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- Instant Pot
- measuring cups
- strainer to rinse the rice
If you’re new to the Instant Pot, you might like some of these instant pot accessories!
How to Make Jasmine Rice in the Instant Pot
You know I love to use our Instant pot – it makes busy life manageable! Here are some of our favorite instant pot recipes.
You don’t need a rice cooker when you have an Instant Pot! This jasmine rice recipe spruces up plain rice and give it a punch of flavor that you could eat it as a meal or have it as a side!
You don’t need many ingredients, but using cilantro and lime will give this rice recipe a kick.
Using the Instant Pot to make jasmine rice is the easiest way to go. Just be sure to put the pot on the correct settings, then you can let it cook away.
This rice is so flavorful and delicious. I often eat it with baked beans for a nice, light lunch. Other times we’ll make it as a side dish to have with beef or chicken.
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup black beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Turn Instant Pot to the SAUTE setting, and add olive oil and garlic, cooking the garlic about 1 minute. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Rinse the Jasmine Rice in a strainer, or sieve, with cold water, drain, and add to the Instant Pot. Add the water to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Add lime juice, black beans, salt, and Cilantro. Stir well. Make sure ingredients are in an even layer at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Set the pressure valve to SEAL. Press the Manual button, and set the time for 6 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to automatically build and release the pressure.
- When rice is done, and Instant Pot has released pressure, beeps and goes to off, make sure the float valve button is down, and with a pot holder, carefully turn the pressure valve to vent, to make sure all pressure has been released.
- Remove lid, and fluff Rice with a fork (don't stir it). Place rice to a dish, and serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
Get your guide
Subscribe and download your FREE guide!
Leave a Review!