This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
This hot chocolate ornament makes a great gift during the holidays. You can make them in batches and give to a variety of people. They make great teacher gifts, party favors, office gifts, or treats to give along with a tip to service workers who’ve helped you throughout the year. You can give them as the gift, to attach them to a larger gift, or attach a gift card to it.
And, what’s so great is that this is just an assembly project. No cooking required.
Start with a clear plastic ornament. We like clear plastic ornament. You’ll need a funnel to get the ingredients inside, but just layer them, one by one.
Love how the candy canes look in the ornament. They add that pop of color.
And, what’s hot chocolate without some marshmallows. The mini versions work great here.
Once you’re done with the layers, just add the ornament topper back on.
And, here’s your gift, ready to give.
- 1 large clear fillable ornament
- 3 packets of instant hot cocoa mix
- 1/4 cup candy canes broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Add 3 packs of hot cocoa mix to an empty ornament.
- Add a layer of 1/4 cup chocolate chips, followed by 1/4 cup candy cane, and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows.
- Put the ornament top back on and give as a fun gift for the holidays.
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!