This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These star spangled fruit sparklers are a great way to offer a special Fourth of July treat without adding unnecessary sugar. Make these Fourth of July fruit sparklers with just watermelon, blueberries, and skewers!
These are perfect for a backyard barbeque or picnic and the kids love them!
I’ve always enjoyed making food look special – especially for kids. For years I’ve made big, elaborate birthday cakes. But sometimes it’s just something simple like these start fruit skewers that will do the trick.
Be sure to see all of our Fourth of July recipes that are perfect for any gathering.
Ingredients and Supplies
- whole watermelon
- blueberries – use fresh, not frozen
- wooden skewers
- star-shaped cookie cutter
- Slice a round watermelon into rounds about the width of your start cookie cutter.
- Place each slice flat on the counter and press your cookie cutter into the flesh of the watermelon.
- Carefully remove the star and place it on top of a wooden skewer.
- Next, take fresh blueberries and place them through the bottom of the skewer one at a time until there’s only an inch left at the bottom.
Want More Recipes with Fruit?
- 1 small watermelon sliced into flat rounds
- 40 blueberries
- 4 skewers
- Slice watermelon into rounds about the same thickness of your cookie cutter.
- Turn the slices flat and cut with star cookie cutter.
- Place the star at the top of the skewer.
- One by one, place blueberries up the skewer toward the watermelon star. Leave an inch or two to hold the skewer.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.