This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
These banana oat bites have a touch of cinnamon for the perfect midmorning or afternoon snack for hungry toddlers, school age children, or hangry adults!
And, they’re pretty simple to make. Mash up the bananas and add in vanilla.
Then mix together all the wet ingredients: almond butter (great source of protein) and the two syrups for sweetness. Then you’re going to mix the dry ingredients together to combine the flax seed and oats.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, and add the coconut last.
Form into balls and place on lined sheet pan to set.
These banana oat bites are great to carry around with you for an on-the-go treat. Would be ideal for after sports hunger pangs too! It’s why some people call them banana energy bites.
Wether you call them banana oat bites or banana energy bites, the best part is how easy they are to make, and that they use natural sugars instead of refined white sugar.
These are great to have on hand, so make a batch over the weekend, but I’m telling you now you might want to make two batches because they goo pretty fast!
Enjoy these cinnamon oat bites!
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups regular oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and add vanilla extract until combined.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and flaxseed and mix together.
- Melt the almond butter and brown rice and maple syrups together. You can do this on the stovetop in a small saucepan, or in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until everything is combined. It will be sticky.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Use a spoon to remove tablespoon-sized scoops and form into balls.
- They are ready to eat.
- Store in air tight container or refrigerator.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.