This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Rolo pretzels are a great holiday tradition. This version adds a bit of color to liven things up. Also called caramel pretzels, or Rolo pretzel turtles, these are made with Rolo candies and couldn’t be easier!
We love these crunchy and chewy treats.
These caramel pretzels are super easy and perfect for busy moms who want to make a holiday treat, but don’t have the time or patience for complicated recipes!
I love sweet and salty treats and these hit the spot. The salt from the pretzel perfectly marries with the sweet in the chocolate and caramel that comes out of the candy when it melts!
Rolo Pretzel Ingredients
It only take a few ingredients, which is another reason I love this recipe.
Here’s what you need:
- Rolo candies
- Candy melts
Start by toasting the pecans for a few minutes. Be careful to not burn them, just cooked enough to bring out the nutty flavor.
Place the pretzels flat on a cookie sheet and place one Rolo candy on top. Bake for 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees.
When you take them out of the oven, press one pecan into the top of the candy until it squishes down.
Let them cool. As they cool, the pretzel will help the chocolate and caramel keep shape and it gives the candy stability. It also adds a nice “crunch” to the chewy caramel.
You can leave the Rolo pretzels like this, or you can add some festive colors for a holiday treat. Put candy melts (you choose the colors) in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Stir after each interval, until completely melted.
It’s easy to “over melt” candy melts and they turn chalky. Just watch them and stir. They will continue to melt as you stir. Once they are melted, put them in a plastic baggie and cut a small hole.
Squeeze the chocolate out in back and forth motions to give a striped effect. Add green and red for a Christmas caramel pretzel.
After you have some chocolate on them, add a few sprinkles and let them dry.
Start to finish these only take a few minutes. It’s why I love them. I can make a big batch at once. And, you can put multiple trays in the oven at one time since it’s just melting, not cooking the candy.
Put them in a box or decorative bag for gifts. They are a great way to show your appreciation for people in your lifes: teachers, friends, neighbors, family, and coworkers.
Pop a bag in your mailbox and make your mail carriers day!
You might also like our Fourth of July caramel pretzel bites!
Festive Pretzel Turtles
- 35 approximately small pretzel twists
- 35 approximately pecan halves, lightly toasted and salted
- 1 8 oz. package Rolo Unwrapped Caramel Candies
- Green candy melts
- Red candy melts
- Holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pretzels in a single layer on baking sheet. On top of each pretzel, place a Rolo candy.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until candies are soft but not melted. Remove from oven.
- Immediately press one pecan half down on top of each Rolo candy, pressing the candy through the pretzel. Allow pretzel turtles to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- After cooling, remove pretzel turtles to a wire rack.
- Melt candy coating in individual bowls according to package directions. One color at a time, drizzle candy coating over pretzel turtles. Immediately add sprinkles. Allow to set before storing. To speed the setting process, place turtle pretzels in the refrigerator.
Another easy Christmas recipe: white chocolate cranberry fudge.