Salt scrubs are not only a spa favorite for lifting moods and making you feel better, but they can also reduce inflammation and flush out toxins. When you add pumpkin spice to the mix, you get the perfect fall pick me up in this recipe for pumpkin spice salt scrub!
Keep it for yourself or make it for a friend.
Start by adding the epson salts and baking soda to a large mixing bowl along with the pumpkin pie spice.
Add the pumpkin extract. Note, this is a pumpkin flavoring, but please don’t eat this salt scrub. ;0 Stir together.
Add the colorings. You’re mixing the red and yellow here to get an orange color. Add more coloring to get a darker orange color.
Stir well to evenly distribute the colors. Because of the texture of the epson salts you’ll get a variety of color in the salt scrub.
Transfer the salt scrub into an air tight container. I like these small jars with attached lids. They’re great for gift giving.
- 1 1/2 cups Epson Salts
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin flavoring or extract
- Red and orange soap colorant
- Add the Epson Salts and baking soda to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin extract, along with the pumpkin pie spice. Stir well to combine.
- Add a few drops of red and yellow soap colorant to get an orange tint to your pumpkin spice bath salts. (Add more for a darker orange). Stir well to distribute the colors.
- Transfer the bath salts to a mason jar or other airtight glass container and store for up to 6 months. *HOW TO USE
- Pour 1/4 cup of pumpkin spice bath salts in the warm water of your bathtub. Relax and enjoy the sweet fall aroma of pumpkin spice!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.