When I was a child I loved unicorns. They were really popular and I wanted everything to have a unicorn on it.
So, I’m really excited that unicorns are popular again. Because it’s time for Easter, I was inspired with these unicorn Easter eggs.
How to Make Unicorn Easter Eggs
You’ll need a few ingredients to make these unicorn Easter eggs. You can, however, change it up as you like. Mainly, you’ll need some craft paper and some permanent markers.
Draw a sweet face on them. Use pink to highlight the cheeks. Don’t forget sweeping eyelashes!
You’re going to curl the colored paper so that you can make the little flowers for the unicorn Easter egg heads.
And make a cone for the top of the egg to make it an official unicorn.
Add gold to the cone, and put little beads in the flowers. Just a dab of glue. This is simple craft wire that is curled to become a stand for the unicorn Easter eggs. You can make more and use them for all of your Easter eggs!
See how perfectly the unicorn Easter egg sits on the wire? It’s the perfect base.
Glue on the horn. It’s starting to look like a unicorn now.
But the flowers are what puts it over the edge. I just love how sweet these look.
Oh my gosh. Aren’t they turning out cute? You can decorate them with your own style, or let the kids decide.
Make different colored roses … do them in your kid’s favorite colors.
The color options are endless.
And, I like the little dab of color by the eyes. Makes it a bit more unique.
These unicorn Easter eggs will be the hit of your Easter eggs this year. And, you didn’t even have to get the egg dye out.
- Black and pink sharpie
- Colored craft papers – 2 different colors
- Craft glue
- Golden paint and paint brush not required if you’re using golden craft paper
- Craft wire – 16 gauge
- Craft pliers – looping and cutting pliers
- Seed beads and confetti
- Wash, clean and dry the egg. You can drain the egg if you want to or keep it full. Draw the eyes and lips using a black sharpie. You can use a pencil to trace the eye shapes and then use the black sharpie to draw along the traced pattern. Use pink sharpie to draw the freckles on both cheeks.
- Select the colored craft papers and cut 3 spirals with scallop borders. You can use scallop shape scissors to cut the spirals with scallop borders.
- Take the spiral pattern and start to roll it from its outer end. Continue to roll the spiral towards the center and after reaching the center glue the roll with the center of the spiral pattern to secure it.
- Cut a semi circle pattern from golden craft paper and create a cone shape with it. Glue the cone at its end to secure it. Glue some seeds beads on the center of the spiral flowers.
- Take the craft wire and create a small loop at its open end by using looping pliers. Circle the wire around the small loop to create a twirl pattern. Stop circling the wire once it reaches the size of the widest part of the egg. Pull the outer circles of the twirl pattern upwards and keeping at least 3 loops at the bottom lay flat. This will be the egg holder / stand.
- Place the egg on the wire stand carefully.
- Glue the horn (golden cone prepared in step 4) on the top of the egg, apply craft glue at the bottom end of the cone and simply place it on the top of the egg.
- Now glue the flowers one by one at the front side of the horn. You might need to hold the flowers for a few second after gluing them as they’ll slide downwards until the glue is at least half dry. Or you can simply use hot glue for a quick craft.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on @thebalancingmom and follow on Tiktok @balancingmotherhood and Pinterest @thebalancingmom for more!
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.
Leave a Review!