This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
I’m in love with the avocado toast trend and I have to admit that I’ve been eating this version for a few months and not sharing the recipe.
I’m a horrible person.
This recipe is so good. It’s easy. It’s filling, and you can change it up any way you want.
So why haven’t I shared it?
Busyness is my only excuse. I’ve only made this recipe more than a dozen times by now. I could have posted these pics and the recipe 12 times.
Well, today is the day!
I’m no longer a horrible person because I’m sharing my current favorite breakfast, lunch, and even sometimes dinner recipe!
Start by removing the flesh of the avocado and mashing it in a bowl.
Add feta cheese and mix. I left mine lumpy. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Toast a piece of multigrain bread and spread some olive oil on it. You could use butter if you like, but I like the olive oil. Use a good bread here. I bought a great loaf from Whole Foods. It was divine.
Top with a fried egg cooked to your liking. This is also great with a poached egg, but the fried egg approach is faster. Add some sriracha sauce and a pinch or two of paprika.
Complete the plate with a simple side salad with a vinaigrette dressing and you’re set.
I want this right now. You can leave the sriracha sauce off, of course, if you don’t like the spiciness (is that a word?).
You might also like our homemade guacamole recipe.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 feta cheese
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- sriracha sauce
- Slice and seed your avocado. Remove avocado flesh from skin and place in bowl.
- With fork, mash avocado.
- Add feta cheese (broken into pieces)
- Mash again to mix avocado and feta
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Toast bread and brush with olive oil
- Fry egg to desired egg style (I lightly fried my egg)
- Spread avocado feta mixture on top of toast, top with fried egg
- Sprinkle with paprika and some siracha sauce
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!