This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Last month I started seeing pumpkin-flavored food items in all the grocery stores: pumpkin coffee, pumpkin spice coffee creamer, pumpkin granola bars — you name it. Then, I found pumpkin cream cheese. AND pumpkin bagels. I bought both!
I blew threw the tiny tub of cream cheese within a couple of days. It was good, and very, very — orange. An unnatural orange. So, I set out to make a version that uses ingredients I could pronounce. It’s super easy and makes twice as much as that little tub I bought at the store.
This version is fluffy and delicious. I used 3 tablespoons of brown sugar for the sweetener. It gives the slightest sweet taste without turning this into a sugary dip. The brown sugar can be reduced or even eliminated. Or, you could substitute maple syrup so that it’s “real” food. This recipe is also a great opportunity to use organic ingredients to make it more healthful. Either way, it’s a great fall morning treat.
My version isn’t orange, but is packed with pumpkin flavor. Try it for yourself and see what you think.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a stand mixer, blend cream cheese and pumpkin puree
- Add brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla
- Blend until combined
- Spoon into air tight container and store in refrigerator
- Cream cheese will firm as it's chilled.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.