Last year we made this cocktail as a specialty drink to honor the occasion and to have something festive other than the usual wine and beer.
Making a martini is super easy — it’s just a matter of pouring a few ounces of each ingredient and giving it a big stir.
Next time I’ll do mine a little finer. These are to rim your glasses. Just dip the rim of your glass into water, then dip into the crushed peppermints. You can also run a wedge of lemon on the rim before the big dip.
This seems pretty obvious, but do this step before you pour the martini! Drop a whole candy into the bottom of the glass for an extra touch — and extra pepperminty-ness!
Then just mix the alcohol with some ice and strain into your glass.
- 1-1/2 ounces vanilla-flavored vodka
- 1-1/2 ounces creme de cacoa
- 3/4 ounce peppermint schnapps
- handful of peppermint candies and one solid candy per drink
- Crush peppermint candies into a fine sand texture and put on place
- Dip lip of martini glass in water or line with a lemon, then dip rim of glass into the crushed candies.
- Put one solid candy in bottom of glass
- Set glasses aside
- Put liquid ingredients in martini mixer with several ice cues and shake
- Strain into martini glass