This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
I’ve been wanting to make a different cupcake and didn’t know exactly what to do – until I saw a special Lavender Syrup from The French Farm. That’s when I knew I had to make a lavender buttercream. These lemon cupcakes with lavender buttercream are a winning combination of sophistication and elegance.
You can smell the sweet scent of the lavender as soon as you open the bottle: gentle yet enticing.
Lemon and lavender partner together really well and balance each other out. This cupcake has the freshness of the lemon and the lightness of the lavender flavor.
This a simple and uncomplicated recipe that has delicate and decadent flavors. It would be perfect for a bridal shower or brunch. Sophisticated yet simple.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 12 teaspoons unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons lavender syrup
- purple food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs until creamy
- Add lemon extract
- In separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk until combined with butter mixture
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until center of cupcake comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Mix butter until creamy
- Add sugar and beat until creamy
- Add lavender syrup and milk and mix until smooth
- Add a few drops, one at a time, of food coloring to get the desired tint
- Frost cupcakes when cool
This post is part of Cookout Week where I partnered with other bloggers to create and share amazing cookout recipes. I received complimentary lavender syrup to try, but did not receive any compensation. Here are a few other recipes you may want to check out!