This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
- Halloween is just two days away, my son reminded me tonight. We tried on his costume so that I could be sure we had all the pieces/parts and wouldn’t be left scrambling at the last minute. We’re set. Not as lucky this year? Make a homemade Halloween costume — get ideas with this link. Still want to try to make that last minute, unique costume? Ellen might inspire you.
- We’ll be carving the pumpkin on Friday night so I have to decide on a pattern. Last year we used a Blue’s Clues pumpkin pattern and it turned out great. Here’s a link to a post I did back then that has a ton of links with pumpkin stencils of characters for the preschool set.
- Charlie Brown’s “Great Pumpkin” was on tonight and, frankly, I’m glad I forgot about it. If you remember, last year I wrote about how disappointing it was. Tonight, we stumbled upon the last five minutes of the program, right as we were getting my son ready for bed. I was once again reminded how I don’t like this show for kids. Lucy grabbed Linus and shook him, calling him names. I know, I know, I might be overreacting, but I can’t help but think pre-preschoolers shouldn’t see people (even cartoon characters) displaying this behavior. Read my full post here.
- Two years ago I went Reverse Trick or Treating.
- Here are some Halloween-themed printables for drawing letters.