Did you know apples are members of the rose family? Or that the first apple trees came from plantings from the pilgrims?
What about this fun fact: did you know it takes 36 apples to make one gallon of apple cider?
Apple season is such fun. It’s a reminder of back to school season and the start of fall. In celebration of both of these seasons we came up with this sweet apple-shaped cupcake. Great for a teacher gift or fun class treat!
Check out how it’s made:
OK, we went with store-bought – don’t judge! It’s a working mom’s time saver!
Roll up a bit of aluminum foil and set in between the cupcake liner and the pan. This will allow the cupcake to have the proper indentation when cooked.
Use little green gummy candy to make a leaf and stick a pretzel rod down the center of the indentation of the cupcake.
The tint the frosting red and frost cupcakes. So cute!
Apple-Shaped CupcakesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 box white cake mix plus required oil and eggs
- 1 container white frosting or make your own vanilla frosting
- green gummy candy we used Jolly Rancher Sour Bite gumiies
- 24 pretzel sticks broken in half
- red food coloring
- aluminum foil
- Place cupcake liners in 2 cupcake pans, for a total of 24 cupcakes
- Using aluminum foil, tear off a small section and roll it into a cylinder - approximately ½ in diameter.
- Place it at the top, in between the cupcake liner and the pan. (It may pop out of place until batter is in the cup.)
- Prepare and bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Mix red food coloring into frosting until desired color is reached.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Place a pretzel stick half into the top (front) of the apple cupcake to create the stem.
- Cut the gummy candy in half and place a leaf next to the stem.
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!