February is a short month, but it’s a leap year so there’s an extra day. The Pink book that I refer to often has a great list of “to dos” at the end of each chapter (each month), but it’s always bothered me that I have to read all the way to the end to get ideas of things to do during the month. I am going to try some ideas for myself as goals or inspirations at the beginning of the month. Here are some I thought of for February.
- Give Valentine’s to your kids
- Be sure to let the ones you love know it this month. More than just saying it.
- Hug your kid every day this month — no matter how old he/she is
- Do something just for you
- Read a book that’s just for fun. Something light, something that may not even have a lot of merit, but something fun to get your mind off of all that ails you.
- Send Valentine’s cards to your child’s Grandparents.
- For Valentine’s Day draw hearts on your driveway with sidewalk chalk. It will make your mailperson smile 🙂
- Stay in on Valentine’s Day. Order a pizza even. Skip all the hoopla surrounding fancy dinners and enjoy being together, no matter what you are doing.
- Make Rachel Ray’s “You Won’t Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta” one night this month. It’s “Yumm-o”
- Stop by the Godiva store and buy just one piece of chocolate. Eat it on the spot.
- Buy yourself a new robe, PJs or slippers (or, hey, all three!) — anything that is new, and comfortable for an evening at home.
- Sit by a fire at least once this month. If you don’t have a fireplace, visit a local hotel or restaurant lobby that has one. Order a glass of wine or specialty coffee and think about life without interruption, just letting the crackle of the fire shift your thoughts. You’ll be amazed at how much clarity comes when sitting so still.
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!