This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Last week I had the opportunity to hear Stedman Graham speak. If you are asking yourself, “Who is Stedman Graham?” click here. OK, for the 22 million of you who know who he is, let’s move on.
So, Stedman, he was talking to students at Full Sail University, the school where I work. He gave a speech based on his book, “You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Succes.” The lecture is interactive and engages the students for two hours. There’s a lot that he discusses that will help these students get a jump in their careers, but I think where he really helps is by planning your life.
I’ve had time to let the talk sink in, and here’s what I recall most vividly:
- Everyone has the same 24 hours in the day. What did you do with yours?
- You are important and can do anything.
- Too many people just do the same thing day in and day out. One day after the next. It all blends together after awhile. Don’t let life slip by you.
- Don’t let people box you in — this is where he mentions Oprah. People try to box him in by his relationship and not by who he is.
- You either live by love or live by fear.
How do you live?
- Stedman Graham Joins Full Sail University.
- Interview with Graham on MyFox Orlando.com.
- The Orlando Sentinel’s Hal Boedeker’s take on the class